Can I upgrade my speedometer to being GPS based rather than RPM based?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

SunSeaDoo

I have a spark without IBR, so my speed is based solely on RPMs (I think). Does anyone know if a company makes something I can plug in to change this over as though I had purchased a spark with IBR. I would prefer to have GPS based speed on my display.

Yes, BRP makes a plug in module. But,,, I think the Spark is a GPS if I am not mistakes. I know the the full size skis are from somewhere around 2012 or so. Check your manual, I bet it will say it in there if so..

Thanks Coastiejoe, but everything I can find on this subject says that Sparks with IBR, come with a GPS module which is integrated into the speedometer. Sparks without IBR or sparks with after market IBR, do not have this module and have a strictly RPM based speedometer.

It is so commonly stated on message boards that there is not any difference, other than IBR, when in reality, the GPS based speedometer is an additional difference.

As I do mods such as adjust my prop pitch, max RPM, etc, I would like to have an accurate display of my speed on the display, rather than having to use a GPS.

I would love it if I am wrong and can somehow unlock the GPS module in my spark, but I do not believe it exists.

Very late reply, but for anyone else who finds yourself here. My research has lead me to believe the GPS is in the LCD display module. My thought process - The LCD display is a different part number on the IBR vs non IBR models. There was no specific “GPS” module or relay I could find in the parts diagram. From what I seen on YouTube you can plug and play a lot of options into the display including ECU flashes to add sport mode so I doubt it’s just software causing it to have a p/n change.

This is only a guess, so please don’t go spending $500 on a module just to try this, but if you do, LMK if it works lol

Back