Can I put too much water in my engine while flushing it?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

scooper77515

freebie fixer
Premium Member
Can the water hose run too hard, or will it just bypass and go out the exhaust?

I tend to try to keep the hose running about 25% of full capacity, but was wondering yesterday what would happen if I opened the hose up full strength and would it hurt the ski?

I figured that 25% made it so the water was coming out warm, but not hot, so it should be enough flow to keep the engine cool while flushing.

Scott, the little bypass hose on the rear should be squirting water when you do a flush.It means the same on the trailer as in the water...it is getting cooling. The important thing to remember is the procedure. Start the engine...turn on water...turn off water...shut off engine...this way it won't back up into the engine and flood it.

Karl

So as long as I see it coming out the "pee-hole" in the back, it is getting enough water?

That is kinda the logic I have been using this far. When it starts to "pee" out the small hole in the back, I figure it is getting enough water...:confused:

I also rev it a couple times real quick after I turn the water off to get as much to shoot out as possible, so very little is sitting in the engine until the next run.

That will work... Just don't over rev it too much. Don't run it for longer than 5 minutes either so as not to get the impeller bearings and seals hot.

Karl

I found that if I quickly hit maybe 3000 rpm, it shoots water out the exhaust in a quick burst. I usually do this twice. I never run the ski on dry land more than about 2-3 minutes max. Usually less.

Good man...heck that seadoo will last forever the way you take care of it Scott... you'll never need to buy another one.:ack::rofl:

Glad to hear that!!!

They said that about my truck a couple weeks back. I took it in for a "once-over" at 94,000 miles (extended warranty is good for 100k) and they said "it looks BRAND NEW...keep up whatever you are doing to it!"

Glad to hear I am doing things correctly...to the best of my knowledge.

Well Scott, don't take too good care of it or you'll never want to get a quicker one..l:rofl:

I already DON'T!!!

This one is too fast as it is. I rarely, if ever, get to top speed. When I hit 50-55, it gets pretty scary, and this coming from a guy who has ridden dirt-bikes, jet boats, motorcycles, and street-drag cars all his life...:reddevil:

I can't wait to catch a perfectly calm day to see what this thing maxes out at, but it will be a very brief ride at that speed.

I really need to blow this one up, since I finally got the wife and parents comfortable with being on it. Now it is time for a family rig, that we can all go out on together.

The wife and I are now looking for a boat like you have in your avatar...

That, and I am looking for seats for my Maverick (MY avatar) so we can ride together. It has been a single seater for about 2 years now, and with the new amped up motor, the wife, AND my parents, are anxious to see how fast it is...

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, that's why I have jet boats...How do you like my new lift and roof...took me 3 weeks... hmmmm maybe ill start a new thread.

Karl

Cool!!!

How do you like my new lift and roof...

I have to launch mine by pushing the trailer and ski off the beach, then pulling the trailer up by hand out of the surf...:ack:

Even worse, putting the ski back on the trailer and pulling ski AND trailer out from the surf by hand...hoping that someone on the beach will help by pushing while I pull. It only takes 2 waves to make those trailer wheels sink into the sand, and it takes a BUNCH of pulling to get them free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back