Can I mix different oil brands?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
So recently I got a free 1991 seedoo sp. I’ve been doing a lot of work and stuff, but today I added almost a gallon of tundra snowmobile oil to the resivour. I have no idea what was in it before, but it was less then an 8th of a tank. I’m I little worried I messed something up. I could drain the oil out of the resivour and start over. But that’s cost me $30 for what might be no issue at all. Any help would be appreciated! It’s free but it’s still very nice and the compression for the cylinder on the stator side is 150psi and the other 180psi . Also I’m concerned about the difference. I’m new to seadoo and Rotax but I know they are nice.BCB96E07-EA44-46A8-8135-83F9DD29A3EB.jpeg9BF4A40A-9B1D-4CF2-A12A-547604F0120D.jpeg

No you can mix two different oils as they can gel and plug the filter starving the engine of oil.

You have to drain all the oil and change the filter.

I don’t know what tundra oil is but you can only run API-TC rated oil never TCW-2 or 3.

Also with the cylinders 30 psi apart something is bad on the low cylinder. Anything over 5 psi difference and you have a cylinder going bad. I wouldn’t run it until you find out why one is so much lower.

No you can mix two different oils as they can gel and plug the filter starving the engine of oil.

You have to drain all the oil and change the filter.

I don’t know what tundra oil is but you can only run API-TC rated oil never TCW-2 or 3.

Also with the cylinders 30 psi apart something is bad on the low cylinder. Anything over 5 psi difference and you have a cylinder going bad. I wouldn’t run it until you find out why one is so much lower.
Thanks so much for the reply, I did a compression test again and came out with way more favorable results also the spark plugs have a lot of fresh oil, no fuel as its shut off. But could this be the reason of rough starting in the past?EB2788E6-699B-44E7-BA68-6896812DDACB.jpegC49D3394-BF21-4B5D-97C2-CB70783280D2.jpeg

Yes when the inner crank seals get old they leak some oil when the engine sits for awhile into the cylinders.

After it runs a little and burns the oil out check the compression again and it will probably be closer to normal. The oil is probably giving a false high reading.

Yes when the inner crank seals get old they leak some oil when the engine sits for awhile into the cylinders.

After it runs a little and burns the oil out check the compression again and it will probably be closer to normal. The oil is probably giving a false high reading.
Ok how long can I run it out of water? I know outboards get cracked water pump and I know it uses water to cool it but is it ok to run water trough the engine and not jet pump?

Also do you think it’d be a good idea to get like a hose shutoff? That way I wouldn’t need to replace seals.

You can run it on the hose for a few minutes. Make damn sure engine is on then water on then water off finally engine off. If the water is ever on with the engine off you will flood the engine with water.

I would see how fast the cylinders refill with oil before worrying about an oil shutoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back