*Calling All Seadoo 1997 Gti owners or have owned previously*

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevinsnan

Hi All

After abit of a shakey start to the season, things are looking up. Engine now starts fine and despite some key issues now alls good.

The purpose of this thread to get peoples view on the seadoo 1997 GTI. All sorts of information welcomed from bad points to fuel consumption etc.

I would also welcome information on towing ringos etc. I have also heard with regards to towing that in the US you require a spotter obviously facing to the ringo what is the legal requirement in the UK? I have Insurance cover for towing inflatables but dont know the policy on a spotter.

Thanks very much and thanks again for previous help in other threads.

Nan

Greetings. I to have a 97 GTI.

It's been a real good ski, had lots of fun with it over the last couple years. At the start of this season I realized I needed to perform some additional maintenance. I replaced all the gray tempo lines with new marine lines, replaced the jet pump oil, spark plugs and battery. It's currently in the "shop" getting it's carb cleaned and rebuilt. Once I get it back, I need to replace the starter button.

Last season we enjoyed pulling our kids on a tub, tried to do some skiing (that is gonna take practice,) and a lot of camping. Down here in Texas you can pull a skier on a jet ski with just 1 driver, IF you have a rearview ski mirror. Otherwise you have to have a spotter.

Regarding fuel, It seems that my GTI does pretty well on fuel. I only use hi-test gas because more often than not it doesn't contain ethanol.

Enjoy!

I bought my 1997 GTI last August. I've only been able to play around with it a handfull of times. It's in pristine condition and the previous owner meticulously took care of it. It runs strong and doesn't miss a beat. It seems to do very well on fuel. I've never pulled a tube with it, but I've had 3 on it before. We cruised right along with no problems. I love the amount of available storage that it has.

I saw this thread and thought I might learn some more about this ski as well. I hope some others chime in on this with some helpful information.

Hi All

After abit of a shakey start to the season, things are looking up. Engine now starts fine and despite some key issues now alls good.

Thanks very much and thanks again for previous help in other threads.

Nan

So it was the key giving you problems...that's great!!
I was curious as to what you found out.

So it was the key giving you problems...that's great!!
I was curious as to what you found out.

JHJESSE,

I cant remember if you commented on my ski and the issues but yeah it was the key, the battery was the other option so i charged it just to make sure and had the same issue. Someone did mention the connection being poor and using a rubber which worked a treat....(thank god is wasnt the MPEM)

I look forward to more comments on this ski, currently i think its a great ski and enough power for a ammature like me and a quality starter ski.

Thanks and looking forward to more info going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back