Buying advice: 2007 Challenger 230 or 2008 230 Wake?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jgeorge58

Good morning!
I am looking at buying either a 2007 Challenger 230 SE (410HP version) or a 2008 230 Wake. I plan to keep this boat for several years, so durability, flexibility of use and general comfort & utility are key decision making factors. The boat will be the family runabout, ski/tubing boat, and we will be running up and down the Severn between Georgian Bay and Orillia. Switching from a Crownline 216LS, because the access to the Severn from our lake has a very shallow draft which no 21' stern-drive will accommodate.

Here are the issues I have discovered on this forum so far:

2008 230 Wake
- Tower design flaw at the connecting point causing the tower to come loose and potentially damage the fibreglass on the boat at the connection point (any comments about the veracity of this issue would be appreciated).

2007 Challenger 230
- A few comments/threads about porpoising (any comments about the effectiveness of trim tabs would be appreciated)

Please, any feedback you have on pluses and minuses of each boat, given the use-case would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back