Bunk spacing question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

2kXP

I bought a 2000 XP a few weeks ago and the trailer that came with it was in pretty rough shape, mainly the bunks were rotted out and broken. I decided to strip it down and re prime and paint it. The frame is painted now and I need to build the new bunks. What I need to know is how far apart should the bunks be, they were 1 foot apart, but I have no idea if that is actually right and height they should be off of the frame of the trailer. The original bunks seemed to be mounted pretty high off of the trailer making it difficult to launch in shallow water, so if someone knows a good height for the top of the bunks to be set at from the top of the frame that would be of great help as well.

Thanks, Eric.

387.jpg
388.jpg
389.jpg

I would just finish the trailer redo, and bolt them on with 2 wrenches. When it comes time to go to lake, strap the ski on like normal, go to ramp, and if you need to make adjustments to the bunks mounting width, dunk the ski in, tie it off. Pull the trailer up into a parking space, grab your wrenches and have at it. I would think they need to be a bit further apart than 1 foot. But that is why the trailer has adjustability for bunk mounting positions.

Are the bunks held on with " U " bolts or do nuts and bolts run through the trailer frame? Most trailers have multiple holes already drilled if the brackets use nuts and bolts to move the bunks inward or outward toward the tires.

I dont see any holes in your pictures.

Rob

My bunks are angled, not straight up and down. The are tight enough to to hold their position but can pivot if need be to fit the hull..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back