Bumpers

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZRX Guy

I guess I'm blind, I want to replace the black rubber "bumpers" on the aft end of the boat. I can't see them in the parts diagram. Can somebody throw me a bone? :cool:

One of them is located between the grab rails on the back deck or the boat, and the other 2 are located on either side of front part of the rear deck. Hard rubber, about 2.5" x 1" and 2 screws hold each one on. Maybe I'll have to go get a pic. You can see the location of them in the diagram, they're not marked for a P/N. IF you look at the pic in the link, zoom up on the aft end, see the bumper between the grab rails, and the 2 forward of it on either side? 2008 Sea-Doo 150 Speedster 155 Central Cover And Accessories | Fox Powersports Sea-Doo Partshouse

here is the part number 204071739 they are obsolete from Brp but maybe you can find them at a dealer that has old stock on them

look up under a 2004 sportster 4 tec in the body and accessories page, it wouldn't be hard to make if you could find some material similar to what they are. your $64 million dollar question about what they are used for...I haven't got a clue...Lol

Hello folks. Figured I'd share my recent experience with these rubber bumpers on the back of our sportsters/speedsters. I scanned the web until I finally stumbled upon a site where someone had generated a 3D CAD (stp) file of these things. The link is here:

Seadoo Speedster 150 Rubber Bumper PartNr. 204071739 by schiffer-soft

I downloaded this file and had them machined out of delrin. I was orginally going to get these 3D printed but I used a friend of a friend that worked at CNC shop and was able to get these on the house.
Please note that there a total of 3 of these bumpers. The two on the outside are held in by loose hardware composed of (2× each) 10mm nut and flat washer. This sucks because you either need two people to install them or painfully stretch your self to be able to catch the loose hardware so it doesn't fall in engine compartment. I did it by myself and I would have preferred to have another person. The center one is easy. It doesn't have loose hardware on inside.

To not drop hardware, I used a pair if needle nose vise grips pliers to lock onto nut inside engine compartment. I then had to stretch myself to be able to hold the the pliers and used torque wrench to loosen it all the. DONT DROP THE WASHER. The hardware is stainless and it's hard to fish out of the tight engine compartment.

Check it out and let me know if you have any questions.

Broken/worn out original 20181103_133526.jpg

New ones
20181103_133521.jpg
Two 10mm nuts and washers holding outside bumpers in place.
20181103_133541.jpg
Tools needed. 10mm socket, vise grips, #5 torque wrench
20181103_135422.jpg
After removal of old ones. Note how I used vise grips to hold nut during removal and install.
20181103_133138.jpg
Picture of old center one. This is super easy as it doesn't have loose hardware in engine compartment. Just unscrew old one and install new one.
20181103_133639.jpg

20181103_133129.jpg

Those are there for the wake tower to rest on when folded from what I’ve read, and they even put them on the non-tower boats. I took mine off this summer and replaced them with some nice low profile plastic plugs. Found they were a bit of a pain on the swim platform if you happened to slide over one, especially the middle one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back