Building Stand for winter PLEASE HELP!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nike12000

Building Stand for winter PLEASE HELP!!! Pics included

Ok guys and gals heres the deal I first bought this.

267.jpg

It has been a blast so far but then I started thinking i'm going to need a place to store this for the winter out of the elements. I live in PA and gets fairly nasty. So I plan to store in my shed but I wanted to build a stand to store and do maint on, sooo .....

I then bought this

268.jpg

I'm trying to figure out how to extend the top bars there I have to go cross wise cuz I will need the clearance from the jack and lift parts. Plus my thinking is that it will help with strength. IT seems very stable its quite heavy already so I don't think I have to worry about it tipping over it also has little adj that go down to floor kinda like crane feet that keep balance so seems like its a good place to start...

The dimensions I'm working with so far are
About 30 in long

269.jpg

From bunk edge to bunk edge is about 13 in across top this is where I need to widen to fit ski and add bunks

270.jpg

Bunks are also about 13 or 13.5 long as well

271.jpg

About 16 in across front of stand

272.jpg

273.jpg

Ok guys please help how can I take this and adapt it.. I have a welder however I'm not very good so if possible would rather cut wood and drill and bolt if possible over welding. Also the lower the cost the better!

Thank guys!!

Last edited by a moderator:
We're going to make a video on building a cart soon, but until we do you may want to check out our photos to see the stands we built (YouTube: 3ftDeep). In the meantime, there are a few very important things to consider:
1) The castors need to be VERY heavy duty, and large diameter. I suggest at least 500 pounds each. It may sound like overkill, but I went through 3 sets that were supposed to handle the load, and couldn't. I ended up settling with a set rated at 2,000 lbs each! They need to be large in diameter so it doesn't get stuck easily on small debris. With a full tank of gas they can easily weigh 1,000 lbs.
2) It should be able to get to the exact same height as the trailer for easy loading and unloading. It'll save your back!
3) There's no such thing as over-building these things. Remember that in addition to the downward force, it'll want to push the bunks apart, so make sure you've got excellent resistance in that (lateral) direction.
Good luck!

I watch all your stuff so I will definitely check that out I know I need to build heavy I will definitely look into larger casters and will go heavy thanks for the info

I buy all my casters from a place called SurplusCenter! Not to mention tons of other stuff. The prices they have on casters
Can't be beat....they even had the spring loaded suspension style like on my large SNap-on tool box for like $20.00!
Check em out- www .surplus center.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back