Building my 787

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JTHaga

So over the winter I’m planning on getting my top end rebuilt, and since I’ll have time to work on the motor I was thinking of upping the compression re-jetting the carbs, and adding a pipe. I’m a recreational rider but still want to hang in there with some newer jet skis, any recommendations on what pipe and head to use? I have a 96 XP

There Are so many variables in doing mods. Take it from me, it took years and many seizures to find the fast reliable setup.

I would try to search on line for someone who is seeking or has a mod similar to yours. Or, I would try to hook up with local rider who has a similar setup that you want. Lastly, Group K knows their craft, water tested, etc, you could do a search on them and just copy their setup. Often, making mods can lead in disappointment of the performance expected, or worse, seizures.

I have first over OEM pistons for 75 each. After you top end is done you should be getting 6900ish rpm and mid 50's GPS if all other aspects of the ski are OK. A lot of folks try to bolt performance parts on a ski that needs to be brought up to speed first. Performance chasing should start with an accurate way to measure rpm and speed so you know where you are at and if the changes your making are actually improving things.

Pipes to look for are Rossier and Factory Pipe. 300-400 shipped would be a good price for one. APE and R&D pipes for 787's are OK but not much of a performance improvement. It will be necessary to re-jet the carbs and raise the stock rev limit when you put a good pipe on. I can reprogram your stock grey E-box for 50(that includes priority return shipping) or aftermarket rev limiters start at 75.

Feel free to post up whatever you are considering buying here for comments.

My plan so far was to send my top end off to full bore to get it rebuilt then I was planning on getting a rossier pipe or factory pipe spec 1 then getting a buck shot head with 43cc domes and jetting the carbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back