Bucket won't lock going forward - Seadoo Challenger 210 SE

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

FeelinNauti

I took apart all of the connections to the buckets, re-lubed and tightened to fix some binding issues (lots of salt/corrosion in there!) Now that everything looks lined up properly and much better shifting at the helm, I find that the adjustment on the cable is slightly off (close) where the length isn't correct to lock the buckets. I tried adjusting at the pump by spinning the brass "nut" counter clockwise a few turns but it doesn't help - is the nut reverse treads - should I be turning it clockwise? Should I adjust at the helm the cable length? Also, is there an easy way to adjust the brass nut because it is very tight. From behind in the transom, all I see is foam sealing around the black plastic tube for the cable. Is there something behind it to hold the tube? Do I need to loosen something to avoid breaking it?

Can I get away with not locking buckets? It is very stiff and I can't imagine them falling...

The repair manual is not very specific for the 210 and pictures are hard to see. I have searched the forums but I noticed the models have different configurations. I don't see anything specific about the 210... Any advice is appreciated! (& no I do not have a dealer nearby :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back