Broken sponson 1997 seadoo GSX left hand side

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmskeen

So I pulled my jet ski out of the water and my sponson was broken. I have ordered a new one. And while I wait for it in trying to make a plan of attack to take off the old one and install this new one. I figure I'm going to need to cut out the foam. But do I need to put it back is my question... And is it glued just on the top or is it every where?
Thanks guys

Just use a deep socket to get in there Lather it with grease and hope the washers stick. If not then retrieve the washer and lock washer if you can or get new ones. Then on reassembly, super glue the washer to the lock washer to the nut. Trust me it works.

The front bolts would be easy to get too. What I'm wondering is how do I get to the ones towards the back it looks like I would have to pull out the tank or cut the foam? Or can I get away with just using the front 2 bolts?

No, you need to remove the water box and what ever else is in the way. If you use 2 screws you'll be right back where you started.

When reinstalling I use a deep socket , I put the nut in the socket then use a 6mm x1.00 thread screw to put the lock washer and flat washer on, the screw lets everything line up, the use masking tape to tape the flat washer to the socket and remove the screw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back