Brass washer sealant

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rdessewffy

It goes between the pipe cone and head pipe. Manual says to use Loctite 17614. What can I use instead? Permatex gasket maker? Thanks

You do not need to use a bunch, just a lite bead. The tolerances are spot on already for sealing with the copper ring, too much sealant is just going to squish out into the open air inside or outside the pipe. Take the time to make sure the pipe pieces are aligned and seated against each other when putting things together. As you tighten down the clamp stop every few cranks as things start snugging up and tap the clamp to help it settle into place. It is possible to tighten that clamp a little crooked and have it fall straight later on, at that point it is no longer tight and the pipe will start leaking.

Attachments

• 20191103_062150.jpg
    20191103_062150.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 18
AK s right, it's just high temp orange/ copper silicone. A common error is to use black ultra black silicone, which will eventually break down. It's important to clean all the mating surfaces, and the copper ring. I usually spin the clamp back and forth as I tighten it, that usually ensures that the pipe halves are correctly seated, it's handy to have a second set of hands for this job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back