bow backrest cushion removal 1996 SeaDoo Sportster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennes Mathews

I am trying to find out how to remove the bow backrest cushion on my 1996 SeaDoo sportster. I have a parts catalog that
shows two inverted "L" shaped brackets that seem to depict a thru the hull bolted connection, via M5 hex bolts into
threaded inserts in the back rest itself. How in the world does one go about getting to the head of these two bolts? My parts catalog is #219 300 250 - boat is a 5895 model - page "E5". Maybe I am looking at this incorrectly...... Anyone done one of these before? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Dennes

I figured it out. Inverted "L" shaped brackets are NOT a thru the hull bolt up. To remove front bow cushion,
lift up one corner (firmly) and then the opposite side. This releases the tapered top studs from their holes.
Then, with a little effort, pull the entire cushion towards the back of the boat releasing the cushion from the boat. The bottom two connections are those silly black darts, which are sacrificial and will need to be replaced when reattaching the cushion back to its home position. Not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back