Bogging losing power on my 3D

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseydave

Hi guys, new member here.
So we purchased a very clean 2004 3D this summer, it only has 4 hours on it. (Dealer verified that)
Ok it ran well for 5 minutes but the check engine light was flashing and then it starting losing power, barely got back to the dock.
Limp home mode perhaps?
Dealer checked codes and said it looks like the crank speed sensor is the problem. He said part no longer available so I found a used one online and I put that in. Spark plugs changed also. Still no better.
Anyone know where to look next? We’re not feeling good about the lack of parts availability for this model and want to get it running right so we can resell it, just don’t want to stick anyone with a machine that’s not perfect (even though we got stuck with it by the previous owner)
Thanks in advance for your help

Not much of a 3D expert here, but wanted to give a thumbs up for not passing it off for someone else to deal with.

Just wanting to know how the rest of the machine looks? With such low hours is it in good shape? If it really has that low of use and is all original then I would say tough it out and get it going. Chances are it is something simple that will take some time to figure out, but will be worth it once it gets going.

Did you post in the 3D forum yet?

Not much of a 3D expert here, but wanted to give a thumbs up for not passing it off for someone else to deal with.

Just wanting to know how the rest of the machine looks? With such low hours is it in good shape? If it really has that low of use and is all original then I would say tough it out and get it going. Chances are it is something simple that will take some time to figure out, but will be worth it once it gets going.

Did you post in the 3D forum yet?

Hi thanks for your reply and your encouragement. I already read parts of the 3D forum where guys have had similar problems and I’m going to start looking around for a solution. The machine is in mint condition so if I can straighten out this running issue it will be very fun to keep. My girlfriends son is 16 and he’s dying to ride it.

Mods if you can move this to the 3D forum that would be great. Thanks

Sounds like your dealer is full of crap.

First of all the crank sensor is still available from seadoo
MSRP: $101.99
Price: $76.4

If it was mine first I would check compression just to be sure the engine is good to go, should be about 150 psi and dead even between cylinders.
2. What oil is being used? It has to be only API-TC Full Synthetic.
3. Fresh fuel?
4. New NGK BR8ES spark plugs.
5. New battery? THese are very sensitive to battery voltage, it can never drop below 12.5 volts. Check voltage with ski off, ski at idle and ski reved up to 3000-4000 rpm.

Please answer these questions and we will go from there.

Just took a fast look, the exhaust seems to be corroded. Could this be my running issue?

Attachments

• 7193B2A1-A5DC-45E9-8D85-5F4D36FAD4E5.jpeg
    7193B2A1-A5DC-45E9-8D85-5F4D36FAD4E5.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 28
It sure could, it will let water and exhaust ingo the engine compartment. The exhaust will starve the engine of oxygen.

That looks really corroded and might be better off being replaced. Nick or Jess Westside Powersports Seadoo can hook you up with a nice clean fresh water one. @Minnetonka4me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back