Blowing 10 amp fuse on MPEM

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blowing 15 amp fuse on MPEM

2000 GTX DI with relatively few hours, original owner.

The 15 amp fuse on the rightmost station on the mpem keeps blowing, even with the key off. The MPEM housing says this is the "inj" (Injectors???). The local shop cannot diagnose the problem and says I need a new MPEM.

I would like to exhaust all alternatives before such a major, non-returnable, expense. Any suggestions? I am not likely to take off the engine parts like the stator threads suggest.

Battery was once charged while still connected resulting in a new rectifier. No other problems. It has worked intermitently this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] can help diagnose the MPEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would unhook the connectors off the injectors then retry. Maybe a short?

If not I do take returns on my good used MPEMs. PM me for more info.

The MPEM has now been tested and found to be ok. Seems like a short somewhere in a circuit. Can anyone give suggestions on where to look for the short? I am not good with a wrench but I can handle a continuity checker/volt/ohm meter.

goes to show how uneducated the crooks at the local "shops" are.... first off, how could a DEALER/REPAIR SHOP NOT be able to diagnose the MPEM? and with that said, then HOW can they tell you that you needed a NEW MPEM? and, lets say you DID go ahead and have them mark up their price and pay their intensely high shop fee for a new MPEM, and it DIDN'T resolve the issue, how quick are they NOT to give your money back for a misdiagnosis?

Update:

I had minnetonka4me test the MPEM and he found it was not the cause of the short. I reattached it, one harness at a time. Harnesses 1,2 and 3 did nothing but when I attached harness 4 (they are numbered but the one on the far left of the MPEM) it blew the 15 amp fuse. THis is without the key attached. This is also with the two connectors on top of the injectors unplugged. I also tried other combinations of harnesses but the only one to cause a fuse is when all 4 are attached.

Battery voltage is 12.18v.

Looking for other suggestions.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back