Blower Replacement - 1996 Seadoo Sportster Speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelmesh

I am rebuilding a 1996 Sportster, the 4" bilge blower is bad and I picked up a 4" universal.

Can someone confirm if this requires disassembly of that starboard/driver side baffle box? I haven't ripped anything apart, but seems like there is a large assembly right there.

Any tips here, or is his pretty straight forward pull this box out?

I am rebuilding a 1996 Sportster, the 4" bilge blower is bad and I picked up a 4" universal.

Can someone confirm if this requires disassembly of that starboard/driver side baffle box? I haven't ripped anything apart, but seems like there is a large assembly right there.

Any tips here, or is his pretty straight forward pull this box out?

What happened was the previous owner must have tried to remove it from the outside, like the fan motor supports were all chewed up. This made me assume it was difficult.

I acessed the situation last night and after learning about the mounting system, someone could replace the blower in 32 seconds.

Removed:
210.jpg

Partially installed, showing steel retaining ring goes under the plastic blower tabs:
211.jpg

Completed install:
212.jpg

Crimped connection, infused with dielectic grease:
213.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back