Blacktip mats install

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

manolocross

So i got a set of blacktip mats for my 95 seadoo xp :thumbsup:and am ready to install them..my question is these come with the pressure sensitive adhesive on the mats so do i need to scuff the area where they will be applied? It seems like the adhesive is almost like a decal and would stick better to a smooth shiny surface..also when i took up the factory mats the surface is rough like sandpaper in gelcoat for grip..also on the rivet holes should i fill them up with silicone or epoxy or nothing???

I filled my rivet holes with silicone. So don't but most do. I just cleaned the surface very well with a scrub brush and some purple power detergent. Then dried it very well, wiped it down with acetone let it dry and stuck them right to the "nonslip" surface. They are so far sticking perfectly! We'll see but so far they are on there! Good luck!

So i got the blacktip mats on today and what a snap....balcktip mats with the psa adhesive works great and looks great...we will see how it stands up to abuse though...will post pics as sonn as i figure out how:(

awsome lets see some pics just use the advance reply and attatch the pictures or got to photobucket or imageshak and upload and post here

they say not to use silicone in the riviot hole cause the contact cement won't stick to it. idk just saying.

Just a dot on the rivet hole...not all of them only the ones that the rivet fell out of...the psa advesive should make a perfect seal around the silicone...about the size of the letter "o" on your keyboard...

You can do a reply, but select go advanced. Then click the paper click thing for attach image. Then find it on your computer. The other option is to host the pics on a site like photobucket and link them. I do it that way and you get nice big full screen pictures. It is easy to create an account and its free.

http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd470/manolocross114/?action=view&current=untitled.jpg]
70.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
that looks sick! I did mine today and wow they get bigger after you put that contact cement down huh. I'll tell ya what once there down there down. I did 2 coats on the mats and the ski with the contact cement i hope I never have to take those off. lol

looks great! I've got mine ordered, can't wait to get them done.
Are those the original graphics on your ski or did you buy them somewhere? I have been trying to find somewhere to buy a graphics kit from for my 95 SP, but can't find anywhere that has them for the SP.

lukesmom01 If you find some where for the decals Let me know. I need some for my 94 sp. Been looking but only ones I've seen are selling decals individually for restoring or replacing single decal. My sp has none / plain white so not too picky just want to add some to it. Thanks

lukesmom01 If you find some where for the decals Let me know. I need some for my 94 sp. Been looking but only ones I've seen are selling decals individually for restoring or replacing single decal. My sp has none / plain white so not too picky just want to add some to it. Thanks
That's exactly what I want to do. Mine is also plain white, no graphics, and just want to add something. If I find anything I'll PM you. You do the same for me.

looks great! I've got mine ordered, can't wait to get them done.
Are those the original graphics on your ski or did you buy them somewhere? I have been trying to find somewhere to buy a graphics kit from for my 95 SP, but can't find anywhere that has them for the SP.
No those are definitely not the original graphics....got them from www.pwcgraphics.com have many styles from many colors and the quality is great!!!!One last thing...The PRICE is good also!!

I am drooling with envy over the sight of your ski! :drool5: I hope I can get mine looking as good as yours as mine is a 95 also. I ordered a seat cover, blacktip traction mats and some grips, but couldn't find the graphics. ***Heading over to the site you mentioned.*** Thanks!

save some $ and go to a local textile they should have some vilal that what i did covered my seat for $10
too late, it will be here tomorrow. But the good news is it only cost 49.00 and it is 2 colors to match the ski perfectly, and it is precut. I was going to just get the marine grade vinyl from fabric store but I really liked the 2 colors on the one I got.

oh cool $50 that's a deal. i liked the extra fabric so i could strech it better. i helped my buddy with a replacement one it's tough make sure you have enough overhang all the way around, it's straight, and you use stainless staples and you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back