Black tip/Hydroturf mats

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

joechallenger88

Thinking about putting some black tip or hydroturf mats in my 97 challenger 1800. I Have not seen many custom colors on the pictures that are out there. I was looking on sbt's website and saw that they now have blacktip elite mats. Anyone on here ever use this? Would like to see some pics of your boats!!!

Hi all, not looking to hijack this thread as I am also looking for matting for my boat. I went to purchase Hydroturf at pwcmuscle yesterday as suggested, the particular mat for my boat is $299...with free shipping..when I used the promo code the price dropped to $254 and I was set to purchase, but once I went to checkout I lost the free shipping so the price went up to $274. So you don't really get 15% off, more like 8%. So the promo is kind of misleading, should change it to say free shipping with 8% off. I'll wait for now.

Hey @glenn2726 HydroTurf charges shipping for that kit too so it is saving 15% over their prices. Free shipping is a promo code (shipit) just like the HYDRO15 and you can only use one promo code per purchase. So we have it for $274 shipped while you would pay $300 + $21.62 shipping on their site so $321.62 total. Thats a savings of almost 16%. Hope that helps explain it.

Also, premium members on this site get 20% off on Hydro Turf :)

Thanks hfgreg, I understand the price difference and where the 15% off comes from now, just didn't know the discount amount was being compared with 2 different sites. Thanks for the explanation.

I just became an sbt dealer at the boat dealership I work at. I am looking for some pictures of different colors people have put on their boats. I am trying to see if the blacktip elite mats are worth the price difference.

Any pics are much appreciated!!!

I just bought a set of OEM mats for my boat off ebay.. they are white/black kind of like camouflage design..it was a 10 piece set and will have to be glued in. This is the ski locker mat so you get an idea. Didn't break the bank so should work out well enough on my boat.Sea Doo Mat 3.jpg

I was thinking about going with that exact color scheme, but wasnt sure how it would look in the boat. Send some pics when you get everything installed!

Will do, hopefully have them next week and then get them in. I think it will look good...couldn't decide on a color anyways so it was meant to be...lol Hey I see you are in St Louis area...we keep our fifth wheel and boat over at Warsaw, MO.. Truman lake and Lake of the Ozarks, good boating there.

Hi snikwad, yep that's what it stated, said these would have come on boat originally. Sea-Doo part # 295500712. I did a search on the net and found other colors as well but all had been discontinued. There's a turquoise 6 piece set for a 1999 Speedster Sea-Doo part #295500716 listed for sale also. These sets are in Canada sold by Full Throttle Sports Limited. Ad listed mine as .. Sea Doo Challenger Floor Carpet Kit Black and White Marble 10 piece set..
I sent an email about them and reply..."the material is more of a foam mat type material. It is an original part as would have come on the boat new from the factory. The carpet will need to be glued to be attached as it does not have any adhesive already. The material is about 1/4" thick. The kit is a complete kit to replace the original carpet". I guess these came with a carpet option which was installed with snaps. Should be here next week at latest.

Interesting, I've never seen them on any parts site, how much were they if you don't mind me asking? Curious to see how they compare to hydroturf. I've had good luck with the turf on skis and plan to add it to the boat too.

Hi snikwad, the total with shipping from Canada via UPS was $79. When I did a search and found the original Sea Doo pricing it showed them being about $39 for the set back in late 90s early 2000's ...Will see when I get them..but pictures look like same stuff as being used today. I also ordered 50 pieces of the 3M double sided glued sheets that are 4" X 4" or 4.5" for $13.49....so roughly 16' X 16' of sheets to put on the mats to make install easier...didn't want to mess with the can of glue...lol..It is the pressure sensitive 3M sheets so should work. I was having a hard time justifying the cost of the hydroturf and blacktip mats and even found some black matting with diamond design in 4'X8' rolls that is 1/4 inch thich at Academy Sports for $24.99 a roll...was going to go with that and glue them in but found these so went this route. I was figuring on buying 2 rolls which would be overkill and then the hard part would be cutting for all the locations in the boat and glueing...after finding the 3M tape it would have made that part easier..So that is a more reasonable option also...they also have Yoga Mats in 1/4 inch material in colors also that could be used...just some ideas..I'll post pics of mine once I get them installed. My boat is about 2 1/2 hours from my home at our camp site. So I order parts and then go down for a couple of days..whenever it is warm..lol.. Good Luck, Glenn

Yeah, I'm not cheap...just frugal...but saving a couple hundred on the mats paid for my bimini top and almost my Sea Doo cover I bought new old stock off ebay. Ebay is our friend for finding what we need. lol.. If you have an Academy Sports store go check out the mats... or you can do it online. I figure for those prices you can redo them when needed.

Yes that is the only other set he has...it says for a 1999 Speedster, have to look at photos and see what years they would match up with...

Seller sent me these instructions for installing the Seadoo Mats...Should have them by the first part of the week...

Attachments

• s-l1600.png
    s-l1600.png
    562.9 KB · Views: 33
We bought the hydroturf after having samples sent. Both blacktip and hydro sent samples and thats what made me pick hydro. If you email them they will send you a few samples.

Here is what my speedster looked like before and after install
ceaf1689d9e6f43f9fecf3ce1ba08da7.jpg
db73081e6780b00b37570916ddadf1dc.jpg

We bought the hydroturf after having samples sent. Both blacktip and hydro sent samples and thats what made me pick hydro. If you email them they will send you a few samples.

Here is what my speedster looked like before and after install
ceaf1689d9e6f43f9fecf3ce1ba08da7.jpg
db73081e6780b00b37570916ddadf1dc.jpg
They grey looks awesome on that boat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back