Bimini vs tower?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

K Rock

Hey guys. During the resto on my 2000 challenger 2000, I will be needing a new bimini top. So I'm tossed between different top brands! I'd love to do a wake tower with a bimini attachment, has anyone used the aftermarket stuff and what was the outcome? Obvious oem would be great but isn't available. As far as a tower, I think as close to the x20 would be great. Any help is appriciated!

I decided for my purposes I prefer the bimini configuration as opposed to one of those nice towers due to I'm unwilling to give up the overhead clearance which has been on occasion a blessing in disguise. As I mulled the possibility over, kept remembering the day the lightening storm blew through and I was able to tuck my boat into a dry spot up under a bluff.

This story would likely be different though, assuming I were a wakeboarder, etc.

Enjoy! :)

I agree kinda wth what was said above do you do a lot of water sports ,wake,knee ski, tube ect. If you do that most or many times ur out get the tower for sure. If you do it once or 2x a summer get the bimini as it will give ya some protection.

I forgot to mention, a tower provides a great place to hang ghetto blaster transducers and this was another portion of my plan till I lost the "argument" of whether or not to install a stereo system.

I was looking forward to finally listening to tunes while swinging around back there, the thought was this would likely add to the incentive.

Also there's the question about increasing the center of gravity. There's another boat on the lake here newer than mine but the same size 14 foot Seadoo and this doesn't seem to be a problem based on my brief observation.

I became aware b/c I was watching the day the local police boat (about a 20 footer) was being fitted with a tower and then about a month later they were complaining about how their boat no longer felt stable. Then about a year or two later that same boat had capsized during a near collision and one of them was actually killed in the accident.

This raised more questions in my mind of course, how could the force policing the lake and writing fines for unsafe behavior themselves, ignore their own safety to the point of having such an accident? But I wasn't there that day to witness exactly what happened......

Just thought I should mention this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back