Bilge Pump

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rstuyt

Premium Member
Premium Member
hi I'm new to this forum. Just bought an older 1997 Challenger 1800 as a winter project for my kids and I to get it back up and running by spring. There are a lot of posts on bilge pumps but i cannot find anything to directly answer my question and it may be basic but here it is.

I can't seem to get it to turn on at all, but shouldn't it turn even when out of water, engines are not running but i press the button? or do the engines need to be running?

thanks.

No. It should turn on without engine running. It has a autobilge function but you can manualy turn it on on the knob

do you have a battery switch in the trunk? I have a 2000 challenger 2000 and it comes with the battery switch. the bilge pump is on the wrong side of that switch in my opinion. my auto bailer only works with the main power switch turned on. I have been considering rewiring it so it will run without having everything else powered.

anyway, I assume you would have tried it with the power turned on either way. sometimes the impellers get clogged with junk. they just pop off the little plastic mount you should be able to check it out. if you determine the pump is actually shot, they are just generic "Rule" pumps and are easily replaced. I think the little mounting basket is even still the same

do you have a battery switch in the trunk? I have a 2000 challenger 2000 and it comes with the battery switch. the bilge pump is on the wrong side of that switch in my opinion. my auto bailer only works with the main power switch turned on. I have been considering rewiring it so it will run without having everything else powered.

anyway, I assume you would have tried it with the power turned on either way. sometimes the impellers get clogged with junk. they just pop off the little plastic mount you should be able to check it out. if you determine the pump is actually shot, they are just generic "Rule" pumps and are easily replaced. I think the little mounting basket is even still the same
I totally agree with you there. I have a small leak in the hull so leaving the boat uatended for a week i need to have the battery switch turn on....not ideal

Thanks for the responses. i do not have a battery switch in the back so this won't be a factor. i think it must either be clogged or shot completely. i'll pull it out this weekend and find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back