Bilge pump stuck on - 210 wake boat 2012

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MDH19

Premium Member
Premium Member
My Bilge pump is wired direct to the battery with a Manuel override when the key is on. For some reason it stays on (keeps running) When th email power is switched off and drains the battery. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I’ve removed the pump and It does not have an internal float that I can find. Here is a pic of the pump.

Attachments

• 2D93C6A0-D43E-46E9-ABEC-886ED8807478.jpeg
    2D93C6A0-D43E-46E9-ABEC-886ED8807478.jpeg
    280.9 KB · Views: 14
Okay,, connect 12 volts to the pump,,,then take the pump and turn it upside down,,thats when it should come on,,,some pumps have an internal float that you can hear,,,you can hear them when you flick the pump from rightsideup,,,to upsidedown,,,and some are silent,,,but in auto mode it should turn on upsidedown only,
Of course you could unpower the auto power wire,,,but that could be very dangerous,

Thank you for the reply. I think i figured it out. The pump seems to have a solid state sensor in a vacuum cavity and the cavity is filled with water. Apparently they are sonically welded plastic units and sometimes they fail and water gets in. Looks like i need a new pump. This one is just a year old.

Yep, the days of the old float are pretty much done. Seems like all the automatic bilges now have inductive sensors but I don't think they work any better than the floats. They get dirty and don't work well and stick on, probably designed to fail so you buy a new one every few years so they can keep their revenue stream flowing.

There are actually two different kinds of float-less automatic bilge pumps these days. One works with an inductive sensor that feels the water. My 2012 C230 was equipped with this kind from the factory. The second kind doesn't have any water level sensor, it just kicks on every few minutes and if it senses it is pumping something, it keeps pumping. Otherwise it just runs for one second.

There are actually two different kinds of float-less automatic bilge pumps these days. One works with an inductive sensor that feels the water. My 2012 C230 was equipped with this kind from the factory. The second kind doesn't have any water level sensor, it just kicks on every few minutes and if it senses it is pumping something, it keeps pumping. Otherwise it just runs for one second.

I have a Ruhle auto sensing bilge pump and I am on my 3rd one in a year. For some reason the auto sensing circuit (PCB that measure motor current) like you said above keeps failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back