bilge pump hookup

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

brock1

good morning everyone....I was pondering the idea of a bilge pump in my xp..evrytime i go out on the bay and start hitting waves i end up filling the hull with quite a bit of water......so while looking for a possible idea last night i stumbled upon the old bilge pump out of my 97 polaris slx.....now this pump im assuming is designed like a sump pump correct...It turn on only when the water is high engough to trigger it..... so my question is how exactly would i be able to wire this up to my seadoo.....i would like it to stay working the way it is instead of just shorting the system with a switch and turning it on manually..... any help is appreciated

If it has a float switch (only turns on when the water is high enough) ou could wire it directly to the battery. Wouldn't be a bad idea to have an inline fuse on the positive line. LouDoo has a pump in one of his PWC's, let's see if he has any additional info for you.

Brock if it can fit it won't hurt to have one.

I installed the Rule 500 auto pump like Lou did.
I ran two inline fuses.
One from automatic wire to battery and 2nd inline fuse with 2nd constant power wire fore bilge.

If I want to manually turn it on I can or its Auto mode all the time.

You have to make wires longer. Make sure to use marine grade tin coated wire. Helps with corrosion.

Use epoxy to glue tray down. Don't screw it in.

edit:

I've seen some that where made for a seadoo. Are they plug and play into computer or do I need switch?

Last edited by a moderator:
the wires at this point are actuaally too long....on the slx the ski is like 9ft long and the wiring for the bilge is probubly half that so i think im ok there.....but i have to ask why did you guys install fuses....???? Just in case of a short

the wires at this point are actuaally too long....on the slx the ski is like 9ft long and the wiring for the bilge is probubly half that so i think im ok there.....but i have to ask why did you guys install fuses....???? Just in case of a short

Pretty much.
Protects mpem I guess

haha...yeah my GF/wife (depends on which one of us you ask) just bought on of them fancy waterproof cameras so pics of the riding will be coming soon.......anybody seen that new show GREAT LAKE WARRIORS.....people who arent from michigan dont really know how bad it gets out there

haha...yeah my GF/wife (depends on which one of us you ask) just bought on of them fancy waterproof cameras so pics of the riding will be coming soon.......anybody seen that new show GREAT LAKE WARRIORS.....people who arent from michigan dont really know how bad it gets out there

That chit crazy :eek:
can't believe you were stuck out there at night.

ocod, just curious,did u find a water proof switch?i put one on my xp(bilge n switch) but the switch gets wet and shorts on,have to pull the fuse to shut it off.

ocod, just curious,did u find a water proof switch?i put one on my xp(bilge n switch) but the switch gets wet and shorts on,have to pull the fuse to shut it off.

Yup,
packaging said water proof.
Got it at northern tools.
Has cap similar to whats in the Ebox. Has like orange rubber seal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back