Better Engine Bay Cooling

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

zechamp

Hello all.

I own a 2003 GTX 185 and I am wondering if there are any ways to further cool the engine bay? I usually ride for a couple hours and whenever I stop the seat and engine bay were very hot. Is there a way that I can safely cool this area down? Also, with the Riva Air Intake system it would be nice to have it sucking cooler air. Thanks for your responses and your help.

****Has anybody tried Frogzskin? If so, let me know your experiences both good and bad****

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all.

I own a 2003 GTX 185 and I am wondering if there are any ways to further cool the engine bay? I usually ride for a couple hours and whenever I stop the seat and engine bay were very hot. Is there a way that I can safely cool this area down? Also, with the Riva Air Intake system it would be nice to have it sucking cooler air. Thanks for your responses and your help.

****Has anybody tried Frogzskin? If so, let me know your experiences both good and bad****

Pre-filters do work...at a cost...more restriction. Do away with the riva3" air and do a 4" front or "rear" air setup. As for cooling the inside of the hull...most use an "in-line fan"...say 4". They will draw air per normal under glove box..duct back toward motor...exit out of the seat. With the rear air the fan won't restrict the air intake of the sc.

If you don't want to use a rear air...and still want to use a fan to draw more air into the hull....you must cut holes in your hull and cover with your frog-skin type filters. This way your vent fan can draw it's own air.

If you place the ventilation fan in line of the sc...you will restrict the amount of air the sc gets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back