Best injection oil

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheflen

So I don't live near anywhere that sells seadoo injection oil, and I can't seem to find any API tc low ash oil on any stores websites near me. Is there any brand oil that you guys use that isn't seadoo?

So I don't live near anywhere that sells seadoo injection oil, and I can't seem to find any API tc low ash oil on any stores websites near me. Is there any brand oil that you guys use that isn't seadoo?
You can order the seadoo oil on eBay and have it shipped in. It's the same price as the dealer but shipped. Some guys have found quicksilver api-tc oil at Wal-Mart. Just make sure it's not dual rated.

What ski/engine is it for?

You can order the seadoo oil on eBay and have it shipped in. It's the same price as the dealer but shipped. Some guys have found quicksilver api-tc oil at Wal-Mart. Just make sure it's not dual rated.

What ski/engine is it for?
I have a 2001 gti with the 717, and a 1995 SP with the 580 that I just completely restored and rebuilt the motor. That's why I wanted to make sure to put the right oil in it, especially because I was hoping to fill it up tomorrow and start breaking the motor in.

You can get it cheaper from Pro Caliber with Free shipping ove $99 so just buy 3 gallons.
Lucas makes an API-TC 2 stroke injector oil that is at most O'reilly auto parts stores.

You can get it cheaper from Pro Caliber with Free shipping ove $99 so just buy 3 gallons.
Lucas makes an API-TC 2 stroke injector oil that is at most O'reilly auto parts stores.
Have you used Lucas oil in your seadoos? Were they successful?

No but others have with good results and it is the correct API-TC rated. I only run Seadoo XPS in mine because it is what our whole group of skis I service for friends and family use so it's easy to share since we all run the same. You can't mix brands even in an emergency even if they are all API-TC rated.

No but others have with good results and it is the correct API-TC rated. I only run Seadoo XPS in mine because it is what our whole group of skis I service for friends and family use so it's easy to share since we all run the same. You can't mix brands even in an emergency even if they are all API-TC rated.
When you say that you can't mix brands, does that mean that you have to siphon all of the old oil out before adding a new brand of oil? Or can you get away with running the tank as close as you can get to dry and re filling with a different brand of oil? I have been using an off brand oil on my gti last year and I want to switch to BRP oil this season.

When you say that you can't mix brands, does that mean that you have to siphon all of the old oil out before adding a new brand of oil? Or can you get away with running the tank as close as you can get to dry and re filling with a different brand of oil? I have been using an off brand oil on my gti last year and I want to switch to BRP oil this season.
Most would suggest to do a full flush of the system, including removing the oil tank and cleaning it out (a bit of gas dumped in works great and slosh it around). Then reinstall and change the oil filter and you should be good. If you want to go the extra mile you can flush the oil out of the lines as well.

So......I drained my oil tank over the winter and went to XPS oil (no clue what was in it before). I didn’t flush the tank, just filled it back up. Had the skis out a couple times now with no problems. Think I need to flush the system or will be ok?

Because although they might all be API-TC rated oil each manufacturer uses a different additive package. When these different additives are mixed they have the potential of forming a gel which will plug the oil system and starve your engine of lubrication.

Because although they might all be API-TC rated oil each manufacturer uses a different additive package. When these different additives are mixed they have the potential of forming a gel which will plug the oil system and starve your engine of lubrication.
Do you think the old yellow xps bottle and the new black one will mix without issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back