Best FUEL PUMP for 2006 GTX supercharged.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

vroomer

Hi, I’m a new member and am reasonably certain my fuel pump is toast. (160ish hours on Seadoo), It doesn’t pump any fuel at all now and makes a little gurgling noise when powered up and fuel line disconnected. What are the better ones? I was thinking of buying a quantum fuel pump but want to be sure this is going to do the job

I had to replace my in-tank filters once. Are you sure those are okay? I heard good things about the Walboro pumps. I saw a thread on how to replace them on some forum, might have been this one.

Finally figured out how to change the fuel pump. I went ahead and bought a Quantum fuel pump. Put the seadoo into the water today (Florida), and it didn't work and I had to paddle back to the dock. Tried it again, it fired up, I kept the throttle pinned for a while, it bogged of and on for 5 minutes and then took off. I drove for another 2 hours after that to burn off the tank of 8 month old gas. But the ski isn't running at full power. It bogs a bit and I can only get about 6500 RPM out of it, occasionally it would go to 7000 RPM then cut back. Top end is only 45 mph. The exhaust smells quite a bit also, not very clean. Could this be the supercharger? I'm going to change the plugs, and check the supercharger. Hope I don't have to rebuild it. The seadoo has 170 hours on it, don't know if the supercharger has been serviced or not. It's a 2006 GTX.

Well, you just changed a variable, I would definitely get a fuel pressure gauge and see what's going on in the water. See what sort of pressure you're holding at WOT. You can check the S/C by pulling off the pressure hose and trying to spin the turbine with your finger. You should not be able to.

I was thinking of the same thing. Is there something I could attach to the "weird schrader valve" fitting that seadoo provides on the fuel line? It is not a standard fuel gauge fitting and I don't know where to find one that will work. Or do I have to cut the whole thing out and install a normal test fitting? I would love to do an open water WOT test. Any advice is appreciated.

I couldn't find one from the local autoparts stores, but I think they're available online. I forgot how I did it, but I remember I attached a hose somewhere and just clamped the crap out of it. I think I took the Schrader valve out and attached the hose there, because I got a reading while it was running.

I had a issue with my 2005. Fuel pump made bad noise and not much fuel out of the line. I replace the fuel pump and screens. Both screens were brittle and falling apart. Installed the new fuel pump and it ran poor and would not go over 45ish. I hooked up a fuel pressure guage and found the pressure at 112psi. The fuel pressure regulator failed most likely from when the pump went bad. Replaced the regulator and the ski has run great for the last 20 hours and still going strong.

Thanks for sharing that. I’m currently going to buy a setup to check the fuel pressure and see what’s going on. And I’m going to change the spark plugs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back