Beeping

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon0356

Took the boat out for the first time in years. Didn't have a suitable truck to tow it. So it sat. I did winterize it every year and I did start it up every few weeks in the summers.

So I took it out on the water trying to burn the old gas. The oil light or "dummy light" is on. But not sure I trust it because it was replaced.
I took it easy only going 10-15mph or so. Every once in a while it would start beeping. Then it'd stop. When I opened her up after a few minutes the beeping would be constant. So I had enough I brought it home.

It's a rectanglish cover
Serial number 0E411992
2003 pain in the ass islandia

So the oil is full and still full when I got home. Gas was full but started syphening it out. Going to syphen oil as well.
Water bypass pee hole the water was warm not hot to the touch.
When I start it in the driveway it always beeps after 5-10 min of running.

My guess where I should start is to see if the oil is getting to the engine.
Now can I take the hose off the engine turn the engine on and see if it's flowing?
What do you guys think?
Thanks I appreciate any help

That engine has the electric oil pump. They are bullet proof, and I've never heard of a failure, other that the hoses physically breaking. (normally caused by solvents making them brittle)

The beeping on the trailer is because a typical garden hose doesn't have the pressure or volume to cool the engine. The reason is... most of the water goes out the pickup line. (not to the engine) They should have made an easy way to block it, and force water into the engine.

Since you don't have steam or scalding hot water coming out the pee hole... I'm guessing the oil tank sensor failed. It seems to be a common thing (now) with that engine. I guess 15 years submerged in oil kills the sensor. Unfortunately... you have to install a new tank on the side of the engine. I'm 90% sure that's where the issue is.

That engine has the electric oil pump. They are bullet proof, and I've never heard of a failure, other that the hoses physically breaking. (normally caused by solvents making them brittle)

The beeping on the trailer is because a typical garden hose doesn't have the pressure or volume to cool the engine. The reason is... most of the water goes out the pickup line. (not to the engine) They should have made an easy way to block it, and force water into the engine.

Since you don't have steam or scalding hot water coming out the pee hole... I'm guessing the oil tank sensor failed. It seems to be a common thing (now) with that engine. I guess 15 years submerged in oil kills the sensor. Unfortunately... you have to install a new tank on the side of the engine. I'm 90% sure that's where the issue is.

I checked Continuity. Doesn't ring. New tank?! Does that mean I would have to prime it? Where is the best place to find parts?

It's a strange beast. We had guys check the tank... and seems ok... but once the new one is installed.... the alarm goes away. (may be going high resistance)

The best place I've found for Merc parts is Boats.net . They normally stock everything, but even when it's not in stock... they get it in a couple days, and then send it out. AND... they discount from retail. If you dig around... you may find it for a better price, but I've always had luck with them.

With your serial number... you may have a switch that can be removed from the tank, some were bonded. Check that. (the little tank on the side of the engine) If the sensor can be removed, it looks like it's only $18. Quicksilver/Mercury 856156A2

Mercury Jet Drive Parts - SportJet by HP & Model 240 EFI M2 Jet Drive Powerhead OEM Parts Diagram for Oil Injection Components - Boats.net

Going to chime in here - not a mechanic but my 2003 had a similar issue a couple years ago.

Your main oil reservoir could be full BUT the small reservoir on the side of the engine could be empty. It's a small plastic reservoir on the left side of the engine. If it is then you'll get the beeping until you top off the small reservoir.

Check that out - hopefully it can be a simple fix....

Going to chime in here - not a mechanic but my 2003 had a similar issue a couple years ago.

Your main oil reservoir could be full BUT the small reservoir on the side of the engine could be empty. It's a small plastic reservoir on the left side of the engine. If it is then you'll get the beeping until you top off the small reservoir.

Check that out - hopefully it can be a simple fix....
Yeah that little reservoir is full also just weird after awhile the engine bogged down and didn't let me go any further

Water is pushed up by the impeller into the bottom of the block. The pressure created by the jet pushes the water to the top and then out the pee hole. Water from the starboard cylinder bank flows through the hose connecting the banks then out. Be sure that line is clear as well.

There was water coming out of the pee hole like warm. But serious question. How does a jet engine overheat when water flows thru it?

If you are always running in shallow, sandy places (or if you beach the boat, and use the engine to pull you back off) you can put that sand into the engine block, and it will eventually settle and pack like concrete. So... if the passages are plugged.... it doesn't cool. But I don't think that's your issue.

I had same issue with our boat one our first trip out in it this year, did change fuel filter but still had beep.

Also tested continuity on oil tank sensor and it tested okay but put on new tank and problem solved.

In the 3 years I had my 2000 SeaDoo, it never failed to start. First time out a few weeks ago, the alarm went off. Last year, it did the same and adding oil solved the problem.

I assumed it would shut up once the tank was full. The alarm would not go off. I had the marina mechanic look at the problem. He told me the boat needed a "stator". Last weekend, I launched it and tried to start it as usual. The engine turned over as usual, but would not start. Oddly, I have a jet ski which allowed water to seep and I wanted him to look at that too. He comes back that that unit needs a stator too. I find it an odd coincidence. Two electonic problems that were working, now they don't. Could it be that the seadoo system is reading a low oil level and will not permit the engine to function? Could the lack of oil movement registration prevent the operation?

Well i ordered the sensor from the boat store. because the continuity didnt ring thru. gonna try that first. but relying on someone else for parts is apparently dumb on my part... long story.. canceled it and ordered it off boats.net

think i can jump out the sensor so i can take it out?

Hi. Yes, I made a jumper wire and bypassed my pony tank oil sensor. You need a wire with 2 male ends to connect to both sides of the harness. My beeping stopped after that so I know it's either the sensor or the magnet in the pony tank. I'll probably replace the sensor first since it's cheaper and easier. Good luck.

So I replaced the oil sensor. Drained all the gas out put new gas in. Took her out and still beeping. 4 beeps. Get it at around 3500rpms it bogs down but idles great drives normal below 3500 Rpms so next dr Honda said to replace the little reservoir which I'll try next. Maybe jump it out just to make sure it's the tank?

I bought a tank that had the sensor in it and it solved the problem.

With the sensor saying low oil the computer puts it in like mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back