bed liner on bottom of hull

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammy b

wondering if anyone has done this or seen it done, putting bed liner for trucks, body armour etc.
will it hold up on bottom of my gsx?

it would prob slow down your boat, and decrease your MPG. The hull is designed to be slick and smooth, not rough and bumpy.

yea was thinking about that, did find that someone does make a smooth type for boats, thx for the reply.

bad idea .the hull was designed to cut through the water with as little drag as possible
line-x or whatever may help some if you run your craft on sand ..but you will loose top speed,handling(to a point)and waste quite a bit more fuel

if non of this bothers you ...go for it !!
i have seen it done to a few seadoo boats and alot of atvs

The spray on bed liners are smooth until texture is added to them. I checked out the Keel-x product put on by the guys that do Line-x. It's a nice option, but it doesn't add the cushion that a Keelguard or Keelshield would, so I am still shopping for those.

The line-x would still protect from scratches, but not impact. There should be no drag since the texture would not be added on the keel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back