Battery help!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GiancarloV11

I have a 2004 gtx wake. My battery decided it wants to die so I’m looking for a new battery. What’s in it is a 16 ah battery but when I do some research the 4tec wake calls for a 30ah battery. How would the difference in amp hour affect my ski ? Was it bad that it was running a 16?

I would suspect that a 16 ah battery would have trouble handling the higher current requirements of 4tec ski with all of its additional electronics, compared to a 2 stroke which only requires a 16 ah battery. It should start your ski but may give error codes if the load exceeded the battery capacity. If the ski was running ok when the battery died and you didn't see any error codes, then after replacing it with the correct 30 ah battery you should be fine.

16ah battery would do well to start that motor, you're essentially asking for more from the battery than it has to offer resulting in a very short life span.
Go for an AGM in the 350-400 CCA range, you'll be much happier and the battery won't break a sweat. Size is a 30 (30CL, 30LA etc etc)

Awesome thanks guys. I ended up getting a Duracell 30 and dished our the extra $$ for the 2 year warranty. Ski starts up and runs pretty great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back