Battery charging question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bw23198

I have a 2007 Speedster 150 in which the previous owner added a pretty nice sound system. I have a Perko switch and 2nd batery in the boat to help power everything. Last summer I typically ran the boat on battery 1, and the sound system on battery 2 when we parked. My problem is that I never knew how low my batteries were getting when we were on the water. I've been thinking about putting in a battery meter to give me an idea of how much juice is left. However, I read in the owner's manual that there's a low battery warning lamp in the instrument cluster. I'm assuming it can only "see" whatever battery (or batteries) are active on the Perko switch. Since I'd rather not cut into my dash to add another gauge for the batteries, I'm wondering if the built-in warning light will suffice. Does anyone know about when this light will illuminate? If I were on my starting battery, and the light lit up, would there be enough juice to start the boat?

-Brian

I would just add a small battery isolator, and not worry about it. The isolator will let the second battery to charge, but it will not let the radio drain the primary battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back