Battery charger?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a good question. I have a 2009 Speedster and unless I’m mistaken there isn’t a way to know how much life is in my battery.

I’m under the impression best practice is to disconnect the cables and recharge between outings.

Is that correct? If so,what’s the best system?

You don't really need to disconnect the cables either, just flip the battery disconnect switch to off. I use a similar battery tender to what is described above and keep the connector cable with the ring ends permanently attached to the battery on the studs. That way I can just plug the charger in, and also when I take the battery out at end of season, that cable comes with it. It's good to keep a tender on the battery all the off season unless you are diligent enough to remember to charge it once a month or so.

If you just want to monitor the battery voltage, you can install one of these. I replaced my 12V socket with one like this. A little hard to read in direct sunlight, but gives me a digital readout of the current voltage.

Waterproof Dual USB Charger Socket Power Outlet 2.1A & 2.1A (4.2A) with LED Voltmeter & Wire in-line 10A Fuse for 12-24V Car Boat Marine Motorcycle (Black w/Aluminum Alloy) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FZXGG2Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_tgaKDbZ98D390

I was going to do the same thing but since my boat had a "blank" rocker switch panel I replaced that with a usb/volt meter.
IMG_2429.JPG

IMG_2462.JPG

I always toss a Battery Tender on any battery when it's going to be stored for winter. I used to just put them in the basement but they kept failing and those things aren't cheap. Hate to get a year or maybe two out of them. With a battery tender they last for years longer. It's not a full-on battery charger. It's a trickle charger that keeps your battery in good shape.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CITK8S/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back