Basic questions re: Challenger 1800 ski pole, cover

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

adamrides

Hey everyone! Brand new member here. Bought a 2003 Challenger 1800, just put it in the water, and am having a great time!

Although I have the manual, I have a million little questions. I was hoping I could post a couple:

* Attached is what appears to be the default ski pole. Is it supposed to raise/telescope, or is that the right height? I guess I'll find out pretty quickly once I attach something to it, but that won't be for a while. :)

* Boat covers. I see Poppy covers are very popular here, but those look like they are both for both trailering and parked at a marina (I'm looking for the latter), so it wraps a great deal of the boat, and it sounds like getting a Poppy cover on/off will be a challenge on the, uh, Challenger. I'm wondering if there's other options people have found useful?

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• IMG_1192.jpg
    IMG_1192.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 25
Hey everyone! Brand new member here. Bought a 2003 Challenger 1800, just put it in the water, and am having a great time!

Although I have the manual, I have a million little questions. I was hoping I could post a couple:

* Attached is what appears to be the default ski pole. Is it supposed to raise/telescope, or is that the right height? I guess I'll find out pretty quickly once I attach something to it, but that won't be for a while. :)

* Boat covers. I see Poppy covers are very popular here, but those look like they are both for both trailering and parked at a marina (I'm looking for the latter), so it wraps a great deal of the boat, and it sounds like getting a Poppy cover on/off will be a challenge on the, uh, Challenger. I'm wondering if there's other options people have found useful?

Thanks for reading!
Ski pole- I have a 2001 Challenger 2000. My ski pole was bent, making it bind in the tube. Sometimes the tube will bend also. The tube has a spring in it that is supposed to latch into groove in the pole- one groove for towing, one groove for storing down. However-- first time out, my pole pulled all the way out of the boat overboard. Fortunately. the rope did not detach. I tossed the short pole. Made a new one with the same grooves AND a bolt straight into the end of the pole so it can never pull out of the boat.

I have had a Poppy cover for about 5 years. Still holding up.

Hey Tim75 -- curious what material did you use to make your tow pole out of? I have a 2004 Speedster 200 bought last year and first use of the tow pole to pull 2 young adults on a towable - and now pole will not retract down for me! Great design --- NOT!! Let me know - thanks!

Hey Tim75 -- curious what material did you use to make your tow pole out of? I have a 2004 Speedster 200 bought last year and first use of the tow pole to pull 2 young adults on a towable - and now pole will not retract down for me! Great design --- NOT!! Let me know - thanks!

I used 1" 6061 al.
It sounds like you bent your pole, maybe your tube also. It is only meant to pull one skier. Towables connect to tow-eye.
If you can get the pylon out, it can be straightened. However- it will not be as strong as it originally was.

I've been using poppy covers for a long time. I had an issue with one... and it was covered under warranty. I've had covers last +6 years, and my toys generally sit out all year long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back