Barbed line popped off 99 gsx limited

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid

I just returned from a 17 mile run down and back to the south side of the lake. As I was pulling up to the dock the ski started to run tough and died. I popped off the seat and noticed one of the barbed lines had popped off and melted against the exhaust. The 3" hose connecting the exhaust and the water pipe melted causing exhaust gasses to choke the ski out. The motor felt ok to the touch and the ski fired right up when the seat is off.

Is there anything else I need to look at?

Your water regulator has likely failed. It's the black plastic thing on top of the waterbox(muffler) that says RAVE

Pull the lines off it and it will unscrew by hand. The threads on the bottom might be melted. When you pop it apart check the bellows for any cracks or tears. The center piece will pull right out.

Thanks for the info. I hope I didn't tear too much up. I had the ski running great, the weather was nice and the lake was flat.

I just pulled up and the manual and took a look at the barbed line that came loose. That barb goes to the pee hole in the back. It is the one located on top of the exhaust closest to the ring clamp. So what cools the bottom half of the exhaust at the hose coupling to cause it to melt? The motor temp felt fine. I don't remember physically touching the water box for temp.

Pull the lines off it and it will unscrew by hand. The threads on the bottom might be melted. When you pop it apart check the bellows for any cracks or tears. The center piece will pull right out.

i see where a water line runs from the water reg to the side of the exhaust ...that's where it must cool...I get it now.

I will have to pull it later when I get time..

I got the valve off and it was really loose on the threads. I checked the valve for leaks by blowing on the intake barb and blocking the threaded hole while moving the bellow up and down. The valve would block the air when the bellow was extended.

I think the culprit was a loose water reg that would allow the pressure to blow the water into the box and not up into the lower exhaust pipe.

Does that would like what is going on?

im just trying to get it figured out so I don't crator any more parts.

Attachments

• IMG_20180426_094016_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20180426_094016_hdr.jpg
    616.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20180426_094141_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20180426_094141_hdr.jpg
    623.7 KB · Views: 15
Take the whole reg a part, I bet the lower clamp on the bellow is rusted to crap and has made a pin hole in the rubber.

Take the whole reg a part, I bet the lower clamp on the bellow is rusted to crap and has made a pin hole in the rubber.

it doesn't look bad. There was some waxy crap on the threads that the reg screws onto.

Attachments

• IMG_20180426_110154.jpg
    IMG_20180426_110154.jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20180426_105515_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20180426_105515_hdr.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20180426_105505_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20180426_105505_hdr.jpg
    529.7 KB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.