Ball scupper issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the PWC section... so they aren't going to know. I'll move it to the boat section for you. But, I'm unsure what you are asking. A ball scupper has a rubber seal, cup, and a ball. The seal normally doesn't have anything making it a unidirectional part. Can you post a pic?

I'm assuming you mean part nbr 23 in the pic below. It doesn't show any differences in the sides as to which way to position. Being that that the through hull fitting is where it's sealed, I'm not sure positioning matters.

I agree with Dr. Honda, post a pic of the part in question so we can see what you're referring to.

Scupper.jpg

I assume he means the tapered seal that gets sandwiched between the boat hull and the plastic scupper housing. The tapered part is what the ball seals against, so it faces out when installing it.

This is the PWC section... so they aren't going to know. I'll move it to the boat section for you. But, I'm unsure what you are asking. A ball scupper has a rubber seal, cup, and a ball. The seal normally doesn't have anything making it a unidirectional part. Can you post a pic?
Thanks for the help. I'm new to this forum thing too. I will post a picture
I assume he means the tapered seal that gets sandwiched between the boat hull and the plastic scupper housing. The tapered part is what the ball seals against, so it faces out when installing it.
That would be the part. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back