Bad oil pump gear

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to ask this question again but how do I know if my engine has the plastic gear? Would serial numbers indicate if it does? Thanks

Sorry to ask this question again but how do I know if my engine has the plastic gear? Would serial numbers indicate if it does? Thanks

The two types are both plastic. The newer type 2 is some type of glass packed nylon. The older type 1 is solid plastic. I have not found anyone that makes a aftermarket metal one.

If your motor is a 2000/2001 and has never been opened for rebuild then you have the older type one. And even if it has been open and the gear looked good it may have never been replaced.

What year did they put the other gear in

That I don't know.

The Merc shop I have taken my motor to told me about the 2 types and that I had the first one. He made it VERY clear both types are ticking time bombs and I'm lucky it has not giving out yet. I found a quite few posts about these gears on different forum sites after he told me about them. I think there was a thread here as well that kinda talked about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back