Automotive antifreeze or Rv antifreeze?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DooGuy

Winterizing - Automotive antifreeze or Rv antifreeze?

Hi all, sorry if this was answered before. Getting ready to tuck in for winter and the Guy I bought boat from had used regular antifreeze and gave me the run down on winterizing so I have as well the last few years. In recent reading I see people using rv antifreeze? Am I ok to use the rv type? It’s a lot cheaper and better for environment. thoughts? Running twin 215sc. Thanks in advance, Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
If your using the anti freeze for winterizing and simply pushing water out of the exhaust system with it, rv anti freeze is fine to use. It's best not to use automotive for many reasons mostly safety for animals and kids. That said Sea Doo doesn't 'recommend' (what ever that means) using anti freeze for winterizing, they recommend using air to push the existing water out. Either way will work but if you have the proper tools air is 'free' and very easy. Do you have a. Service manual too look over for your boat? This helps greatly in the winterization process making sure you don't forget anything.

Thank you Gb, yes I have the shop manual. Gets stored in an unheated barn and air temp in winter can hit negatives. With all of the issues I’ve had, I like the extra insurance of the antifreeze in the inter cooler and exhaust system, have always been careful to dispose of properly etc, will try the rv type this year.

We use pallets and pallets of rv anti freeze where I work for pools and water slides that sit outside all winter, every winter and have had no issues with it. If it were me I would still use the air after the RV anti freeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back