are these compression #s good?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ford man

hi, i have a 2000 seadoo GS. i have a fuel delivery problem and a slight lean condition. and plan to rebuild the fuel system, rebuild carbs,replace grey fuel lines and replace the fuel slector switch. i first started out with a compression check and also took plugs out and spun flywheel by hand ( it spun) i was just making sure these compression #s are good i used a gauge previously and got 120/115 but recharged batteryquickly (30mins) and used another gauge and came up with these #s all imput is appreciated
thanks cody

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 29
  • doo2011.jpg
    doo2011.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 24
thanks i appreciate the quick response. itl start now and then other times it doesnt sounds like its not getting fuel. ive onwed her for 4 yrs never given me a lick of trouble but ive also never cleaned carbs so i thonk its time. (718cc engine i dont think that mattersthough)

Last edited by a moderator:
yea that sounds like a good plan of action, pretty much everybody will recommend immediately replacing the gray lines and rebuilding carbs

yes ive heard. also ive had to run it on "reserve"( it would only idle on "on") (last time it would start constantly about a month ago) so im going to replace the selector switch as well. been a great machine like i say. idk how the 718cc are as far as reliability but mines never needed more than stabil,plugs and batteries. been very reliable in the last 4 yrs so its time to spend a lil $ on her.

Ford Man?

Multiple post that have the same basic questions/comments make it hard to follow.

You will get answers in different locations. And those that have answered have a hard time as they are looking for follow up that won't be there as it is a different post.

By all means post away, just try to keep like things together.

Thanks..,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back