Anyway to reduce speedster rooster tail?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy9236

I have a 2002 seadoo speedster 240. I finally got it running good and plan to add a lot soon (after market wake tower, 2 maybe 4 4” speakers on the tower, wake racks, nonslip foam decking. Will post pics). We use it a lot for water sports. When skiing or wakeboarding it is fine. When we hook up a tube to the back, we get pelted in the face from the jet (I’m assuming).

Is there anyway to keep it from shooting upwards? Or would my best solution be just getting longer rope? It is pretty bad. Can’t really look forward at all. Thought about just getting goggles lol. I was thinking this problem has come up before for others and there might be some solution to it

I’ve actually spent a lot of time on my 99 speedster, with the same issue, along with porpoising constantly; after a couple of months of aggravation I spent some time doing research on trim tabs...but since is a single jet; the standard trim tabs will not really help...so here’s what I’ve done. After a few attempts and seeing what a couple others have attempted, I’ve finally come up with a solution...I bought a 12”x24” 1/16 thick carbon fiber plate...(McMaster Carr) 100 bux...actually this was my second attempt using the first one for trial and error...cut, adjust, cut adjust etc...I’ve actually seen something similar made of aluminum after the fact for around 600 bux...well aluminum eventually bends and doesn’t spring back into shape like carbon fiber...here’s the images..look below the jet..this helps the boat plane quicker, keeps the rooster tail down, no porpoising, and seems to handle the same if not better, and the top gps speed is still at 60 mph flat with 2 people and 40 gallons of fuel..

There’s also a 1” round medium (hardness) rubber bushing between the plate and the jet where the 2 bolts are located for adjustment, and to give just a slight downward angle, as speed increases it pushes back up towards the hull to balance more of the load while keeping the a$$ in spray down as well... I’ve got exact dimensions, this initially was a pain, but even the fam refused to ride behind as well...but when it was tweaked, and done.. WELL WORTH IT!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• B26823CD-F4AD-4BEB-9E2C-58E1D1ADBE22.jpeg
    B26823CD-F4AD-4BEB-9E2C-58E1D1ADBE22.jpeg
    920.9 KB · Views: 46
  • D80C5599-0DE0-46DF-8D6C-653CABF855AD.jpeg
    D80C5599-0DE0-46DF-8D6C-653CABF855AD.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 46
I’d really hate to give up the RandD but it’s all good knowing someone else can benefit...if you like more pics or measurements and more detail, don’t hesitate. I’m actually relocating the batteries to the passenger side today for our long ride tomorrow...so I’ll be checking in momentarily if you’d like more details...

Please if you don’t mind I’d like more information. Pretty much as much detail as you can give to help me attempt to replicate this. Measurements where to mount etc. anything would help. I might just try a longer rope just cause and then attempt to replicate this

Sure thing; we’re on our way to the water at the moment, but I’ll be more than happy to send you the measurements and mounting details this afternoon..I’ll also upload a few more pics as well.

Ride plate dimensions..

Attachments

• CC4D909A-DA95-4B1D-A11C-CBF03F70A5E2.jpeg
    CC4D909A-DA95-4B1D-A11C-CBF03F70A5E2.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 33
  • 4B6EE9BE-B493-4972-AFF9-DAB173E0DF4F.jpeg
    4B6EE9BE-B493-4972-AFF9-DAB173E0DF4F.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back