Anyone tested the water yet?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

tresvatos1

Hi, I am from North Mississippi and I am wondering if anyone has tested the waters in the south yet ? I have a boat, but still I don't feel like wading in to launch in freezin' waters.

Thanks

I surfed bareback 2 weeks ago off the beach near Galveston. It wasn't bad.

Weather is changing on a daily basis. Took the surfboard with us to the lake weekend before last, and we had a strong north wind making it too chilly to get wet.

I plan on getting pulled around on the surfboard behind my XP this weekend after this front goes through and it stops raining.

Our beach water is currently 72. It was right at 70 when I went out. I take off the spring suit at 70.

The lake seemed a little cooler, but like I said, a chilly wind was blowing so maybe it just seemed cooler.

The wife wants to go to the lake this Sunday but I think we will use the XP off the beach this weekend instead.

Hi, I am from North Mississippi and I am wondering if anyone has tested the waters in the south yet ? I have a boat, but still I don't feel like wading in to launch in freezin' waters.

Thanks

uh...why would you wade in to launch your boat? I never get wet at the launch...in or out...with 200speedster.

Karl

truck?

uh...why would you wade in to launch your boat? I never get wet at the launch...in or out...with 200speedster.

Karl

maybe with truck, but, still can t figure out how, NOT to get wet, to unhook the winch and safety chain hooks. Dont trust boat enuf, not to slide off, when backing down...:ack:

Heck, I launch my 6200# Chris Craft with the chain and winch unhooked at the steepest launch... You have to remember to go easy and don't jam on the brakes...I have never lost a boat ever. I dangle a line off the bow and have my helper grab it as it slowly slides off the trailer in the water ...or if I'm by myself I let the line drag on the ground, stop when the boat gradually drifts off trailer, get out grab the 25' line and guide it to the dock area and tie it up...all by myself. When I load it up, I drift up on the trailer reach over the bow, and hook on the winch cable, give it 3 clicks...done.
I drive up with the 26" Chris Craft with the trim up so as not to damage the launch area...at the end of the trailer the water is plenty deep so no erosion is possible from the prop.

Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
i dunno chief...those ramps are STEEP...its not the water that gets me, its the get'n in da ride, being wet,..damn lake/ocean watwer stinks after awhile..
And for help...my daughter helps out more than the wifey...and she's 4. Make her start pay'n for gas/OR leave ur home...:reddevil:

If the ramp is steep the water usually is deep and the trailer doesn't need to be in as far. When backing as soon as the boat starts to drift off the trailer, stop. The boat won't slip off the trailer unless less you slam on the brakes. The weight won't allow it to slip. Try this till you feel confident...loosen up the winch say 6 inches of slack...if it does slide back, you won't loose the boat and it will stop only 6 inches further than it was...It won't slip back...try it. I spend no more than 8 minutes to launch and load my boats ever... People's jaws drop when I launch my 26' Chris Craft by myself in 3 minutes...and load it too by myself...the same way. I see idiots take up the whole launch and when I launch mine I have my trailer guide poles( pvc) about 12 inches off the dock posts to make a easy un boarding after it's hooked on the winch, to pull it out. Then crank it tight on the road way maybe 3 more clicks, cause the stern is floating when on the trailer in the water and it would pre-load the front winch bumper if i made it tight in the water.

Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
I am from NW Va. We had a weekend a couple of weeks ago where the air temp was high 80's. Water temp was 67 according to the gauge on my GTX. My son, daughter and I said what the heck and did a little skiing. Let me tell you for me there was some major shrinkage going on.

Back