Anyone has a live well issue such as this? Sea-Doo fish pro trophy

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

rudabb

Hi, we have 3 fishpro trophies 2022. we have had issues where, on all of them the bait doesn't stay alive. I made a video to show why the baits are not surviving.

Unless we are doing something wrong. But I can't for the life of me figure it out.

At the same I can't see how no one else has had the same issue because on ours we can replicate it all the time.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG20230131125626.jpg
    IMG20230131125626.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 20
It's interesting that I am not getting any feedback. but I can replicate this problem 100% of the time. I think I will have to modify the intake of the water location

Bad design. Modifying the water intake away from the pump area where exhaust gases can be introduced or look into relocating the exhaust outlet above the water.

Bad design. Modifying the water intake away from the pump area where exhaust gases can be introduced or look into relocating the exhaust outlet above the water.
really bad design. I have already ordered a pickup forwhen the jetski is moving at high speed(need to modify live baitwell a bit). but as for in Idle, I have to open it up and see if I can rout it to the bottom of the hull..away from exhaust

Why not tap into one of the freshwater lines coming inside from the pump. The water should be clean coming from the pump before the exaust gases are introduced at the rear. A t fitting to the live well ?

yes..very possible. Honestly I havent opened the jetski up yet..I need to go in and figure out what type of pump is being used (because thats another problem). They claim it can run dry because it will have to as you're moving faster than idle. but no pump likes to run dry. Ive had issues with the switches and pump not working...I also need to see how and where everything is rigged.

I'm not familiar with the fish pro enough to know the water routing. Pop it open and See how the pump is routed. Can spitball ideas to figure it out.

Hi @rudabb, just came across your post. Would like to confirm I have experienced your exact issue. Extremely frustrating as If I knew this was an issue I would have no spent the extra $$$ on the Trophy....

Multiple issues with the current design:

1. Live bait pump, does not pump water at speed as the pickup will not work at speeds over 10 Knots. (tip needs to be redesinged to force water into the pickup at speeds)
2. Fish die in the live bait well due to toxic water being introduced from rear of the ski (where the pickup is located)
3. The overflow function needs closed completely while underway other wise it drains the tank as water level moves around and spills out the overflow, given the water ingress does not occur while underway (point1)

Workaround at this stage:

1. Fill live bait tank whilst engine is off, then turn pump off, close the overflow valve, run a portable aerator to oxygenate the water in a water tank while underway.

Hi @rudabb, just came across your post. Would like to confirm I have experienced your exact issue. Extremely frustrating as If I knew this was an issue I would have no spent the extra $$$ on the Trophy....

Multiple issues with the current design:

1. Live bait pump, does not pump water at speed as the pickup will not work at speeds over 10 Knots. (tip needs to be redesinged to force water into the pickup at speeds)
2. Fish die in the live bait well due to toxic water being introduced from rear of the ski (where the pickup is located)
3. The overflow function needs closed completely while underway other wise it drains the tank as water level moves around and spills out the overflow, given the water ingress does not occur while underway (point1)

Workaround at this stage:

1. Fill live bait tank whilst engine is off, then turn pump off, close the overflow valve, run a portable aerator to oxygenate the water in a water tank while underway.
Hi and thank goodness someone has experienced this. the worse part is the 7 or 8 trips that were ruined because I just couldnt figure out whats happening....the service guys for seadoo in our area are complete muppets and, as usual, have never heard of anything like that.

what I do now; 1) stop jetski turn livebait on. 2) the minute I start jetski, IT HAS TO BE OFF. 30 seconds to minute is enough to poison the bait. 3) when I head towards the fishing spot with live bait, I make pit stops and fill with a bucket. 4) when im trolling I replenish with bucket. Not very functional.

I found this product ULTIMATE ST3 Live Bait Pickup and ordered one..this should take of the live baitwell while youre moving to the fishing spot..it doest require plumbing and I have not installed it yet. but this does not solve the toxicity issue while using the pickup from Sea Doo. Only solution is to re-rout the pickup somehow..thanks

This sounds like a serious design flaw and one that could turn PETA or similar against Sea-Doo.

Have you consider writing directly to the company and bypass the local reps? I find it hard to believe the corporate staff would ignore such an issue.

This sounds like a serious design flaw and one that could turn PETA or similar against Sea-Doo.

Have you consider writing directly to the company and bypass the local reps? I find it hard to believe the corporate staff would ignore such an issue.
I have sold my new fish trophy... this issue (among others) was game-breaking for me... going back to a boat...

I would love to bring it to the attention of seadoo...would you help me find the proper email to send this information to?

Last edited:
Back