Anybody still have their Delco AGM battery from 2013?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

68ragtop

Just curious if anyone remembers this thread for the A/C Delco battery deal?

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?60063-Cheap-PWC-batteries-on-Amazon

I bought one of these batteries for my street bike & it's toast this spring. Sad thing is, I have honestly only ridden the bike a few times. It mostly sits plugged into the battery tender junior. O-well, at least it was only $30 if I remember correctly. I think if the bike would have been ridden more it may have lasted another year or two. Wasn't plugged in all the time, but at least 12 out of the last 24 months it was.

I've still got one but haven't used it. I was going to fill it with acid today and probably use it next weekend, I'll let you know what happens. I don't know if you noticed but the thing is made in Vietnam, if I had known where it was made I would not have bought it.

Lou

So far thats the only AGM battery I have had that you add the acid to it. Its great that you can dry store it, but I thought the sealant caps fit poorly. I try to take so good care of my stuff. I was just disappointed to see it done already with so little use. Delco made in Vietnam.... :(

I thought the same thing, in fact since you said it, I'm going to put the Delco in the GTI, the battery goes straight down, the GSX you kinda have to angle it in so a good seal is important. And I agree it seems to be more like the old lead acid batteries.

Lou

Guess Amazon won in that deal. We're all going to go and use them and they're not gonna work. Joke was on us, lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

For $30 if I only get a season or two I am ok with that. For some reason I have good luck with batteries but the again I buy name brand and they are on the battery tender 99% of their life.

My ski battery is a Napa GS wet cell that came used in my GTI and is going still since I got it in 2012.
My boat batteries are Optima Blue Tops that came with the boat in 2006 and all are still going strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back