Another oily question " Premixing 787 97 Challenger" Mineral and Synthetic " ???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaveShredder9110

I know , another premix question , But I removed my oil pump and went with the block-off kit.
I know the pros and cons to it. My question is if I run Seadoo X-PS full synthetic premixed in my gas , can I run the "Normal non-synthetic mineral oil to the rotary valve oil bath without issues. Thoughts here are to save $$$ of coarse. I know , they say don't mix the two , but do they come in contact with each other in the engine?
Ski is a 97 Seadoo Challenger single 787 110hp Rotax non-RFI.

Thanks

Waveshredder

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you pull the mag cover and remove the black oil pump driveshaft? Or did you have the little white one? Can't remember if that will fit through or not the hole in the cover. But regardless, it should also come out so it doesn't cause issues.

No matter what 787=XPS-II, no mineral oil in the gas. You could run mineral in the RV, but why?? Just leave the oil tank hooked up and put a 1/2 tank of oil in it. Mark the tank on the outside so when you open the hatch you can quickly check the level--just to be cautious it's not leaking etc.... The XPS in my oil tank has been there for 5-6 years now, never had to add any. I have a 99 Speedster that I took the injection off years back while I kept puking the port engine. I'm at the end of pre-mix days, this winter I'm getting back to injection--to save oil. I use XPS-II for my pre-mix @ $44.99 a gallon.

Ditch the block off and get back to the pump.

Yes it had the white pump shaft , I pulled it , put the block off kit in , attached the nipple covers to the oil inlets to the rotary and blocked off the oil line that had went to the oil pump. Then put the one oil line back on the oil nipple to the rotary valve ( crank case )to bath the brass gear and such. May just run the synthetic in both and have know worries, besides its only money ......right?

On my third engine and ready to punt , Bust Out Another Thou (BOAT) If she blows again I'll take up sailing.
Thx. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back