Another new toy! (and winter jet skiing pics)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

dsw222

I was planning some mods to my GP1200R, but I found a deal on a GP1300R (10 more horsepower, newer, 100 extra cc, fuel injected) so i picked it up. I'm gonna do the mods to that ski, and probably sell off the 1200.

And since I got the new toy this weekend.... I just HAD to try it out! It was FREEZING but my buddy and i took turns on it today. We had a blast!

Attachments

• IMG_2134.jpg
    IMG_2134.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2144.JPG
    IMG_2144.JPG
    268.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2152.jpg
    IMG_2152.jpg
    760.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2173 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2173 (Medium).JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2123 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2123 (Medium).JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 35
Looks pretty cool (literally lol)...

Definitely keep us up to date with how you mod it :)

BTW, GO U

Wholly crap-y-ola.

OK... we got above freezing... but as of yesterday... there was snow in my yard. When did you put it in the water?? and where?

Wholly crap-y-ola.

OK... we got above freezing... but as of yesterday... there was snow in my yard. When did you put it in the water?? and where?

It wasn't the smartest idea... but I wanted to make sure the ski ran before tearing apart the engine and putting money into it.

My buddy lives in Monaca (25 mins west of Cranberry), so we took it out on the Ohio River yesterday afternoon. The river was nice and smooth with no ice or debris... but man was it cold. I was only out for 10-15 mins or so before my feet had enough numbness for the day.

The ski ran great and hit 63mph on GPS with the sponsons down and neutral trim, so another 1-2 could have been easily added. That puts it right around the stock spec, so its good to go.

I was a bit disappointed when I bought it because the seller told me "its basically a brand new ski"... and then after I drove all the way to MICHIGAN, I saw the mats are garbage, a decal is half torn, and it has some minor chips and scuffs. But the compression is 120 on each jug, it ran GREAT and only has 52 hours... so the cosmetics can easily be fixed with some nice Hydroturf (i'm thinking blue camo), a $30 decal, and some marine tex and/or paint. I feel a lot better about the purchase after I took it out yesterday, and I'm happy with it.

After flushing, I put it on one of the shop carts we made to garage it for the rest of the winter.

Here's some pics of the carts... they cost about 40-50 dollars to make and seem very strong. I have a pic (from GH) that shows the dimensions used for the 2x4's if anyone is interested in making some

(the yellow XP is the one that my buddy picked up for 900)

Attachments

• IMG_2166 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2166 (Medium).JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2184 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2184 (Medium).JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2170 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2170 (Medium).JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 12
Nice!

And I know how cold it was this weekend here in Pittsburgh. Hats off to you.

All you need is a double trailer and then keep the 1200 :)

Cool....

and just an FYI... 120 psi on a Yamaha is fine. (That's why they can use crappy TC-w3 oil)

my friend has a GP1300 and I tell ya..that thing has the fattest seat ever. I swear I can do the splits after riding it all day. Fun ski though.

Very nice. However I live in OZ and can basically ski all year round. No snow in winter here for me.

Back