Air Intake replacement Speedster 150 2007

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawkat

Good Day,

Thats my second post in seadoo fourms, and i hope you guys can help me with my problems,

Boat: seadoo Speedster 150, 215 SCIC 2007

i did some air intake modification on the boat, and now im facing a problem with the rectifier / regulator as its not cooling down from the old air intake (the box).

i have replaced 2 rectifiers so far, the rectifier is getting too hot and finally fail.
even the fuse of the charging system has melted and the holder is damaged,

does the melting of the fuse has to do anything with a bad rectifier?
is there any other way to cool the rectifier with the riva intake?
can i get the stock intake of the 2009 speedster and fix it in my boat? will it fit?
the stock air intake of the 2009 has a rectifier mount to keep it cool, will my rectifier fit in this mount?
do you guys know the part number of the melted holder? pics attached

Any more information would be highly appreciated

Regards

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    701.5 KB · Views: 54
  • photo 11.jpg
    photo 11.jpg
    605.1 KB · Views: 42
  • photo 31.jpg
    photo 31.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 41
Can you move it closer to the fresh air intake of the boat? I know my speedster 200 has 2 intake vents that flow air when driving, I would place it in line there. I have also heard of others installing a small fan or blower to cool it down but you would have to wire it in. Is that the correct size fuse? It shouldn't be melting the housing like that.

Thanks for your reply.

i did move it closer to the fresh air intake of the boat, the vent on the other side, it didnt help, im living in 110 Degrees weather,

as far as i know, yes this is the correct fuse, its 30 amps fuse, this that correct?

im thinking of purchasing the stock intake of the newer model, the speedster 2009, it has no box and the rectifier has a mount on the intake pipe, im just wondering it will fit or not.

can please someone assist me on the fuse holder part number please

That looks like somewhere is shorting, I wouldn't touch my air filter, it's a good one, I used the same brand air filter on my 5 scale truck and runs great.

thanks for your reply.

Yes, that’s the correct fuse, i need to order some fuse holders and fuses for the boat, and most likely the mechanic has changed the fuse so it doesn’t blow.

do you have any idea if the newer intake system will fit in my boat?
http://fiche.seadoowarehouse.com/se...=28&b=5&c=0&d=-ENGINE-AND-AIR-INTAKE-SILENCER

it would be nice to have the rectifier in a proper place like the newer model,
or if you know any other brand like riva or something that has a rectifier somewhere mounted on the air intake?

i really appreciate your help

Thanks

Don't know for sure but I believe the intake opening is the same size on all models so if you get the new hose and couplers it should fit. Try calling a dealer to be sure.

Those are just auto fuses, get them cheaper at a auto parts store and I am sure they have a holder that would work as well while you wait for your parts order. If someone changed that fuse there has to be some other issue or they couldn't find a 20 and used a 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back