Aftermarket parts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of parts are you looking for? I find cheap parts on ebay under the "parts and shipping lowest first" category. Performance parts are a little harder to find but asking around on the forums like you are doing now is a great way to kick some up.

I would like to find a decent price on a nice impeller prob stainless. Im new to skis but not new to powersports

Impros out in Corona, Ca is one of the largest impeller outfits. You can look for an outfit called "Hot Products" also to see what they are still selling for that machine.

I can’t recommend Impros. It took 3 times for them to refurbish a stock impeller for me correctly. Although they paid for shipping. Skat-Trak has always been awesome, especially Glen.

Thanks ill check a little of everything my buddy took my ski out and said it seemed doggish. But seems good at high speed for me so im just going through everything

Honestly a 99 GTX limited is pretty maxed out from the factory. And being in a 3 seater it is never going to be like a 2 seater due to the weight. My opinion is to love it for what it is. It should not be slow at all and is the fastest two stroke 3 seater seadoo built.

Adding performance parts to a used 951 is a ticking time bomb.

I would suggest...
1. Making sure your fuel system and carbs are serviced and spotless.
2. Using the correct API-TC full synthetic oil.
3. Checking your impeller, wear ring and carbon seal.

Honestly a 99 GTX limited is pretty maxed out from the factory. And being in a 3 seater it is never going to be like a 2 seater due to the weight. My opinion is to love it for what it is. It should not be slow at all and is the fastest two stroke 3 seater seadoo built.

Adding performance parts to a used 951 is a ticking time bomb.

I would suggest...
1. Making sure your fuel system and carbs are serviced and spotless.
2. Using the correct API-TC full synthetic oil.
3. Checking your impeller, wear ring and carbon seal.

I already have plans on pump rebuild new carbon ring and wear ringi would like to put a stainless impeller in and for mix i use ams oil dominator it has always been my favorite

Not a fan of the doninator. I like the interceptor in all my 2 strokes including 4 wheelers, 3 wheelers,skis, dirtbike, chainsaw, weed wacker and hedge trimmer. Never had a seizure or blow up in 10 plus years. Isnt dominatir the one that advertises low smoke? Just putting this out there but if you mix it at their recomendations of 100:1 its gonna be low smoke compared to mixing another oil at 50:1. But if you have had luck with it keep using it. I have never personally used it. When they came out with doninatir the bottle said on back in small print-for use in race engines that are rebuilt every year. I dont have much faith in oils that advertise that.

Not a fan of the doninator. I like the interceptor in all my 2 strokes including 4 wheelers, 3 wheelers,skis, dirtbike, chainsaw, weed wacker and hedge trimmer. Never had a seizure or blow up in 10 plus years. Isnt dominatir the one that advertises low smoke? Just putting this out there but if you mix it at their recomendations of 100:1 its gonna be low smoke compared to mixing another oil at 50:1. But if you have had luck with it keep using it. I have never personally used it. When they came out with doninatir the bottle said on back in small print-for use in race engines that are rebuilt every year. I dont have much faith in oils that advertise that.

Ive been riding for 15 years dirtbikes quads and stuff i usually run 32-1 but in this i run 40-1 and i rarely get much smoke at all

Your stock impeller is stainless and one of the best for the stock application.

Seadoo put the best on theirs from the factory unlike Kawasaki and Yamaha with their aluminum ones.

Your stock impeller is stainless and one of the best for the stock application.

Seadoo put the best on theirs from the factory unlike Kawasaki and Yamaha with their aluminum ones.

Thank you for the knowledge lol like i said im new to skis so its nice getting to know mine a little better with all of your help

No problem, If your impeller is damaged I recommend Skat-Trak out of California for refurbishing. Their service is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back