Advice required on how to lubricate 2003 Sportster LE Boat Throttle Cable

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

YellowSeadoo2003

Hi Guys

Yesterday was the first time out in the boat since last season and the throttle jammed.

I have checked my Operator's Guide Book but I can not find a diagram showing where and how to lubricate the throttle cable.

Do you have to remove the 4 screws holding the throttle lever to gain access and how about lucubrating on the carb end??

I was thinking of using 'SEADOO XPS LUBE FOGGING Oil Anti-corrosive Lubricant' would this be ok?

Many thanks
David.

There is no official way to lubricate the cable.

It is possible to make up a system that will allow you to pump oil into the cable to lubricate it but it's time consuming and not worth it on a throttle cable.

I would disconnect the cable at both ends and see where the sticking lies, if it's in the carb or the throttle I would strip and fix it but if it's in the cable I would chuck it out and buy a new one. It's not worth potential throttle sticking problems from a cheap cable, the last thing you want is a sticking cable just when your trying to stop quickly.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back