Advice on purchase FIRST PWC

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

addl22

Hello everyone, was interested in purchasing from my neighbor a 99 GTI and a 2000 GTX limited with the trailer for around 2000$ he says the computer on the GTX needs to be replaced but he has it already and all I have to do is do some fuel system clean ups and they should be good to go, he says they've been sitting for about 2 years, am I taking a big risk here ? please some help would be greatly appreciated. It's my first PWC and don't wanna buy something that's gonna be a problem and spend money I don't have[emoji854][emoji852]️
295.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
$2K with a dual trailer isn't bad if you get satisfaction from working on the skis and if you don't mind throwing some beer money at them. It sounds to me like that isn't what you are looking for. If you want to walk out to your 16+ year old two stroke ski and expect it to purr like a kitten every time you push the starter, then these may not be for you.

I'm a little warped. I enjoy chasing down obscure symptoms and scavenging for rare parts almost as much as I enjoy riding. Almost. It's way cheaper than having a race car, for sure.

If your seriously looking at both of these for 2k, then theres no risk. Either of these ski's are worth 2k and at least 500 for the trailer. Sounds like a good deal. Everything you'll ever own needs to be worked on. These are both good machines and somewhat simple compared to others. Buy em!

You've came to the right place also finding this website. These members here are fantastic and most have awesome advice. Just do lots of reading and you'll be suprized at what you pick up and how quickly it'll come to you.

You can get repair manuals off the Internet for free. If you can wrench you can repair them and upgrade systems. We are here for you to answer questions. No question are dumb here. You can search questions above right at the top. The ? box or the Google box. Read and read about stuff.

Back