adhesive help - trim piece 150 speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gday

I need to replace a cracked trim piece that's also come "unglued". I've gotten the new trim piece but what sort of adhesive should I be using to hold it in place? The trim piece is stiff plastic and the two hull pieces it covers are gel coat. The current piece looks like some sort of silicone based product was used but I'm clueless with this sort of stuff - any pointers?

-mick

Attachments

• IMG_5137.JPG
    IMG_5137.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
I did mine with loctite 414 last year and it's still holding up . That's what Sea-Doo has on there part list to use also.

Make sure to clean off old silicone and maybe sand the area you are gluing on the fiberglass side

I'd also consider 3M 4200. Maybe heat the piece up in the sun or with a heat gun to make it more pliable.

I had a similar issue with my 2004, I found that the mounting screws/blolts inside the storage compartment had come loose and widened the gap so the trim piece came out. Before you glue it back in you might want to check all the mounting hardware for the driver console and make sure everything is tight. I simply used white silicone adhesive caulk.

Thanks for all the advice - brilliant! I'll report back on what I did once its done - hopefully this weekend.

-mick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back