Adding USB port to 2020 GTR

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, purchased our new 2020 GTR and along with it we purchased the sound system since we got 150 off the purchase price. I want to add USB charging to the spot already located in the dry storage but not willing to pay the $110 for a seadoo branded one. Just wondering if anyone has bought any of the cheaper usb plugs and had any success?

TIA

Since it seems I am the first to do this I will post a picture. Waterproof USB with digital voltage readout 15.99. I added 12" of wire and waterproofed the connection. Turned out great!

usb.jpeg

Thanks for posting this! I've often wondered just why the Seadoo USB port is so darn expensive? $16.00 for the part and $100 for a the privilege of buying it from Seadoo? I'd rather save the money and put it in the gas tank! LOL

Follow up question for you jcyamahariderum - how did you wire it? I would think having the "Digital Display" would draw power even with the engine off. Do you have the ground or positive wire on a "Switched" power source on the wiring harness or using a relay to energize it only when the engine is on?

I just wired direct to the battery. Being LED it doesn't draw much. Through the summer it always started and never had an issue. I keep a maintainer on it now. I could find a key on wire and put a relay in but this works also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back