Adding Quick release seats for the Sportster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Newfieboy73

I just bought a 2005 155 sportster. The seats had their issues, which required me to pull them out in order to have the center portion of the bottoms sections rebuilt.

I wasn't excited to first off pay over $5 to replace each of the darts I removed in order to pull the seats and it didn't exactly make for easy cleaning and removal.

I decided to install them using Dual Lock 3M Dual Lock Reclosable Fastener TB4575 Low Profile Black, 1 in x 10 ft. It proved to be extremely solid and made for the quick release I was looking for plus it saved me from having to buy 20 darts at over $5 each.

IMG_1593.JPG

Seat bottom

It's best to adhere them to the back portion and along the side as shown. Also a fix the piece that will ultimately adhere to the boat onto the seat and press them firmly on prior to putting them in place on the boat and adhering the tacky side.

IMG_1599.JPG

Seat backing

The same goes for the back portion. See pic for placement of 3m tape.

Finished result. As I mentioned they are very secure and make for quick removal.

IMG_1594.JPGIMG_1600.JPGIMG_1602.JPG

Back