Accelerator lines. 97 XP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JJinSC

Well again after sitting all winter (gas was treated). The mag carb accelerator nozzle is clogged again causing the bog from idle to speed. I did not change the charge lines when I changed the fuel line from the tempo lines years ago. Since I gotta take the air box off to blast the a-nozzle again, I plan on replacing everything from the a-pump to the carbs. What all do I need? What size line? All parts diagram do not show an inline check valve on the charge line, yet mine came from the factory with one. Do I need to put one back? If so, with what part?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should have the check valve and there is also a brass restrictor in the line that controls the rate that the pump recharges so it can't give a squirt and then 1/2 second later another one and bog out the motor. I don't know the size of the lines as dr Honda replaced mine, but it looks to be close to the same size tug on as the oil injector uses.

Finally going to make time to pull the doo out this week and replace these accelerator lines. Anybody know what size they are? or they 1/8" inside diameter? Can I use Tygon?

Any of you guys that replaced the accelerator pump lines, do you recall what size you used? Will tygon be ok to use for these?

I wanna say they are like 1/8" inch I.D., don't quote me on that tho. Yes I used tygon for mine, it should work fine. Fuel is what tygon is meant for

I replaced mine, pretty sure they were !/8" ID, got it at ACE Hardware. If you can't find it locally McMaster Carr should have it.

Lou

Thanks guys. Orielly's has 1/8" ID tygon tubing just down the street. I'm going to pick some up tomorrow.

Replaced all of the small lines on the carbs and cleaned the nozzles in each carb. All back to normal now.

An observation I noticed. My original lines did not have the little brass metering jet in it. But it has this green check valve in line just after the a pump. I inspected this valve and it's inside diameter is much smaller. All the articles I have read and parts diagrams show the brass jet but no check valve (check valves in elbow of nozzles in each carb). I have spoken with others that own the xp and they report having the green check valve. So at some point the factory obviously made this undocumented change. I believe the green valve is both a metering and check valve as apposed to having the check valves in the nozzle elbow on these carbs. Can any confirm? Any of you guys with the green valve on your accelerator line find that the brass metering jet was also present??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back